The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been trying diff things out dropshotting for bream, i.e distance between hook and weight, swivel above to stop line twist, getting there slowly but cant make my mind up whether it should be braid straight thru or leader for bream, leaning towards straight through as bream bites are fast and need to hit them instantly, any ideas/experiences?, thanks

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
use a leader. No swivel between braid and leader.

Make a proper dropshot link by folding the eye of a diamond swivel.
Then, adjusting the dropshot link length is a piece of cake.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not with you on folding the diamond swivel keith, think theres another thread on here somewhere i'l dig it out,thanks

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
If you can get them, use lead shot for your rigs. They are legal in the sea and provided they are not squeezed too tight can be moved easily. I use lead shot bought in the US, not sure where else it can be bought currently.

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Joe, I use lead shot not lead free shot. It is denser and works much better in the salt and as far as I am aware not available in the UK.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Joe, I use lead shot not lead free shot. It is denser and works much better in the salt and as far as I am aware not available in the UK.
I used to get large SG shot and bigger from USA.
I think some of the younger anglers may not realise that we all used to use 'lead' until it was banned etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts