Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm looking back thru the mists of time,does anyone
still use 20lb Amnesia as a leader nowadays or is there a
general drift towards fluro?.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I use a 3' length of 20lb clear Amnesia with a Prologic swivel clip and a swivell to connect to the braid.
Is this combination a bit old hat now or still relavent?.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I used to use Amnesia and still have some somewhere.
I use FC leaders now and I have lengthened them to about 8 foot long,from 3 foot ish.
You dont need to use FC,just use a good quality modern mono that knots well.
This year I have started to 'double-up' the braid on the Albright knot and only use about 8 turns,I also put a half hitch on the FC end just to make sure.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I have used 6.8kg Amnesia for a number of years now and never had any problems with it. It is a mono and not fluro.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to use Amnesia and still have some somewhere.
I use FC leaders now and I have lengthened them to about 8 foot long,from 3 foot ish.
You dont need to use FC,just use a good quality modern mono that knots well.
This year I have started to 'double-up' the braid on the Albright knot and only use about 8 turns,I also put a half hitch on the FC end just to make sure.
Hey Nick,are you fixing leader to braid using an albright knot then?
How do your 8' leaders compare in use to the shorter ones.
What length of rod have you?.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Hey Nick,are you fixing leader to braid using an albright knot then?
How do your 8' leaders compare in use to the shorter ones.
What length of rod have you?.
The longer leaders were used on a RB270 which is 8'10".
The Albright knot is just so so neat and flies through the rings,you wouldn't even know it was there.
I have over the years as most will have experimented with all sorts of leaders etc,I tend to use yellow line so "right or wrong" a longer leader sometimes makes me feel happier,over 3 foot is for me good.
One thing that I have thought about doing but havn't tried yet is getting a saltwater tapered FC leader and reversing it and on the "butt" end using a rapala knot or similar loop knot to the plug.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts