The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the nights are closing in I am thinking of buying a new Lenser H7 Head torch but would like to know if any of the forum members have used one and how good are they compared to the trusty Petzl .

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
hi gary ive got a led lenser, think its the fire though the one with the red led on it,i find it brill for the money.highly recomend them.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Gary,

I have the rechargeable version, a stunning range from spot to wide and great control over brightness, best 50 quid I have spent :p

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds Good then lads !

We got issued the hand held torch version last week in work ...Cracking adjustable beam on it, and it came with a belt holster...found out today they make a head torch version, seen one on e bay for £37.00 but that,s not the rechargeable one

·
Registered
129 Posts
Buy it......you wont be dissapointed if comparing it to petzl.......Although Is there a need for a light so bright for lure fishing?? I have had lots of lights over the years and the lenser is up the top of the pile when bait fishing/digging but for lure fishing I have a el cheapo,lightweight led headlight its great and dont light up the whole place when I do feel the need to turn it on.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buy it......you wont be dissapointed if comparing it to petzl.......Although Is there a need for a light so bright for lure fishing?? I have had lots of lights over the years and the lenser is up the top of the pile when bait fishing/digging but for lure fishing I have a el cheapo,lightweight led headlight its great and dont light up the whole place when I do feel the need to turn it on.
I only use a torch to find my way to and around the beach at night, when I am actually fishing I switch it off and use a 6" light stick which I carry in my pocket and only use it to tie knots and un-hook fish as bright lights will spook Bass in shallow water.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I have the non rechargable one, from eBay last year, about £40. And it was £40 very well spent! The highest setting on the slide thing will burn your eyes clean out of your skull if you look directly at it.

·
Banned
1,934 Posts
I got one a few months back.....the light from it is UNREAL!!!! I got mine in Galway for €49. http://www.shoot.ie/ The website is brutal but give them a call.

I've had a few headlamps over the years but this one is light years ahead.....brutal pun I know

·
Registered
46 Posts
Aldi currently have a very neat high spec 3W torch for only £9.99 with batteries. Not a head torch but well worth having.

Also there are some cool CREE 3W head torches on eBay made by GP Batteries (I think) which cost about £15 and give out 120 lumens. Or if you want to spend some big money have a look at www.heinnie.com in the flashlight section.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Gary

I have had a LED Lenser H7 Head torch with rechargeable batteries for over a year now. It is an excellent headlamp but I find that the rechargeable batteries struggling to hold their charge for an over long session with lots of use of the light. But I would not hesitate to recommend them.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I got the petzl myo the other day and it really is a great light for those really dark rock marks. For safer and more sheltered marks I use one of those baseball cap clip-on lights, 4 for £5 at my local market, bright enough for most things and last for months. The ones that just switch on and off are perfect, the others that have all sorts of brightness and flashing things that you have to cycle through each time you turn them on and off are a real pain.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I have purchased a Led Lenser H7 (non-rechargeable version) and after years of using the Petzl Tikka plus / Petzl Tactikka plus this light is incredible and much brighter. Although I just purchased the H7 which is rated at 140 lumens, I think some of the latest models of the H7 are now supposed to be rated to 160 lumens. Anyway, the 140 version is extremely powerful, I think my trusty Petzl will now be demoted to back-up duty.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I have had the non-rechargeable H7 for over a year now (actually, may even be a lot longer than that). Stunning piece of kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts