The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much use are you supposed to get from a scented lure? Do people still find them effective after the scent has gone?

People talk about leaving an xlayer on the bottom for long periods with the occasional twitch, so I'm guessing in this case it's the scent that's the main attraction.

The main reason I'm asking this is because I managed to drop my packet of Xlayers in the drink whilst getting one out of the packet. I drained the water out straight away but I gave the packet a sniff later and the scent had noticably deminished.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
How much use are you supposed to get from a scented lure? Do people still find them effective after the scent has gone?
in general they last ages. I noticed a huge fall off when skishing because everything gets wet, even the lures not being fished.

People talk about leaving an xlayer on the bottom for long periods with the occasional twitch, so I'm guessing in this case it's the scent that's the main attraction.
I don't think the scent is the main attraction. We leave for long periods for various reasons but scent is only a fraction of this rational chain of thought.

I managed to drop my packet of Xlayers in the drink whilst getting one out of the packet. I drained the water out straight away but I gave the packet a sniff later and the scent had noticeably diminished.
As noted above, yes, this does happen but....xlayers stay effective for longer than many scented lures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts