·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a couple of these lures to try:-

Dexter Eurovibe
Lucky Craft LRV 10 & LRV 15
Rapala Rattlin

I would welcome any info on how to use these as they look ideal to search inbetween Jap Weed beds.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Just bought a couple of these lures to try:-

Dexter Eurovibe
Lucky Craft LRV 10 & LRV 15
Rapala Rattlin

I would welcome any info on how to use these as they look ideal to search inbetween Jap Weed beds.
The Dexter Eurovibe I don’t know anything about, but the Lucky Craft LVR range has been among my top three lipless cranks for years. The Rattlin Rapala isn’t bad either and is well worth having.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I bought some Rapala ones and some Bill Lewis Rat 'L' Trap or something like that on the recommendation of K&K a while back. Keith suggested they were best fished either searching out different depths using a burst, pause, burst retrieve, or using a slow constant retrieve, just enough to get the lure buzzing up the line. You certainly get some feedback from those lures.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you had much luck with them yourself Mark?

Theres a fair bit of tide running where I intend to use them among the Jap beds so would I have to cast up tide with them and use the methods you mentioned?

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
To be honest Gary I haven't fished a deeper water mark in quite a while, and so have had no use for them recently. I used them early season to practice what I'd been told about them more than anything, and managed to get quite a few pollack on the Rapala ones. The fish I took hammered them on the pause. I keep meaning to fish some deeper marks with tide so I can give them a proper go, along with some nice sinking swimbaits I have.

PS. I keep mentioning deeper water as the ones I have are so quick sinking. It may be possible to fish them in shallower water but tackle losses would be fairly high I reckon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts