The Lure Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after reading on kieths blog about using the above,wheres the best place in uk to buy them in different weights,having trouble finding places to buy online

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Yea Ritchie, forgot bout that.

Best ones are Rapala (2 types, 1 has side discs(very loud)), Bill Lewis L -Trap, Salmo (baby), Dexter's swim well and the quiet Jackson one.
In fact, most work great. the shape of the nose and position of the line tie really affects the action and swimming pitch. Some float like the now defunct bomber floating mullet and the floating L-Trap. Good for flashing over shallow reef.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
... the shape of the nose and position of the line tie really affects the action and swimming pitch.
Also, as a generalisation to help people out, the further back the line tie is positioned the slower the activation speed. Thats why some small vib baits in particular have 3 positioning holes down their backs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just had my new toys delivered(lipless cranks)in 14 to 25 gr.weathers quite settled here at the min and allthough sea temps low ill give these a go over weekend

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Good selection m8. I'd personally fish all those. In fact, I d fish many of those and they ALL catch fish.
Experiment with them and learn. Every Bass plugger should have at least a half dozen various sizes/colours etc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts