The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Well the numbers are going up I caught 5 on Thursday night well technically Friday morning got to the spot atfter 00:00 and fished until 02:45 I am on holiday so having some late night fishing.

First up was a smallish one no problem hauling it up with the Firefly. This one was next which required to manual line handling. It went really well best fight yet I think

Then had another which required manual line handling, followed by another smallish one. These 4 all take on you know what by now on a 7g.

Then I finally nailed one of the little ones I had been eyeing out for the evening.
I the added a trout bait about a foot and a half up the line. I know that is maybe cheating but I know sluggos work and I wanted to catch on the trout bait. I got a load of bites with the trout bait to start but could not connect.

So all in all it was another fantastic nights fishing. This is the first time I have had multiple catches across such a large size range. Long may it continue

My next target is to catch something during the day

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Nice report.
We are out at the castle tonight and the gin clear water could bode well for some bigger fish.

NE winds will be troublesome a little but will keep things clear.
Meeting at the causeway 8:20pm.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice report.
We are out at the castle tonight and the gin clear water could bode well for some bigger fish.

NE winds will be troublesome a little but will keep things clear.
Meeting at the causeway 8:20pm.
Hi Keith it is the Masters golf so could not make it how did you all get on ?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Hi Keith it is the Masters golf so could not make it how did you all get on ?
It was a minor disaster. Barely fishable due to high winds.
It had to happen m8 and no one is immune to making mistakes. I hold my hand up for this one but it seemed just fine till we actually got all the way out there...

Ah well, today made up for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts