little whinging, 'lure' forum basics | Page 2 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

little whinging, 'lure' forum basics

Discussion in 'Lures' started by {name}, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Striper

it was around the time that pic was taken I stopped doing reports, that mark was burnt because the sand and a light in the back ground.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Perch

Up to the individual doing the posting. Personally I like to see the lure used and try to get it in any photos I am posting. I totally understand the reasons why some crop out all the background, as has been previously mentioned. I never think being prescriptive about what should or should not appear in a photo is a good idea. It's in the hands and the lens of the photographer.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Perch

Some really good points especially where the fish needs to be put back when it's endured a dramatic disgorging. It seems to me not to difficult to pop the lure into the photo if the fish is photographed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mackerel

personally,
    if im using trebles i unhook immediately, singles post pic, and as for a tape, force of habit i suppose, but its one im going to stop, i take a snap of each fish for my own records and blog but i normally don't post to TLF unless its around or over 60cms or its of some other interest.
    pix of lures in shot yeah i like that, but if i'm asked " what lure" like Mat asked i'll always tell, as in mat's case sent a picture of lure, info, and packaging it came in,
    picture holding the fish, ffs, in a ideal world it would be nice to have ones pik taken holding the fish, but when your fishing on your jack jones 99% of the time its a bit dificult !!!!!,
    25 years a professional gundog trainer but can i get them to hold and focus the camera !! not a chance

ptr

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Pollock

I've deleted loads of crap selfies over the years. I will always try to get a good glory shot after a ruler pic but on your own it can be a hard. If I have a pool I'll put the fish in it while I set my camera up or between shots, if no pool its a quick pap then the fish goes back in. If its a bad pic it gets deleted, no time for faffing about the fish needs to go back in.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mackerel

cracked it !!!!!!!

what a clever dog, he can hold and focus a camera !!!
    been practicing all afternoon, extra bikies for him tonight,
    but can he do in the dark with me holding a fishie and the pressure on where time is of the essence, we shall see !!

belle ile port lezonet just checking out a possible mark for later, amazing conditions just shouts bass !!!
    just gota sort time, tide and lure out.

pik by passing tourist, who i asked to descend down 100yds of rock, to take a pik of some eedjit trying to drown himself what they must have thought god knows !!!

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      145.9 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      116.4 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      117.4 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      128.4 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Mackerel

Rich
    i'm right with you on rock pools, if i'm gona fish a mark its the first thing i look for, it takes all the pressure off,
    tried to send you a short video of a 60cm unit in a rock pool on dingle, its not bad even for my crap photographic skills, but the system wouldn't allow me to post, 72mb maybe it is too big.
    pm me your email address and ill post it
    ptr

• Like Like x 2
  8. Pollock

Pm sent, I do like to keep fish in a pool,also helps them recover well. Unfortunately I fish regularly sand surf and from the boulders at the cliff base. Not many rock pools so end up rushing the pics, doesnt leave much for catch reports.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Snapper

It's up to the individual I guess, bit difficult to get people to change their ways especially if you haven't posted too many catch reports.

I normally get a fish on the beach and take a snap straight away lure in gob, but then I almost always fish with just a single hook.

Mat - How do you normally post your bass/fish photos? I had a quick look and all I found was a picture of a bass on a plate :eek:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 8
  10. Pollock

I've actually got tears in my eyes!!!:rotfl:

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Perch

Oof, yep guilty, did get into lure fishing primarily for food, catch and release this year, made a pledge and everything. That's the good thing about this forum there's a whole lot of knowledge and information available. Bass are off the menu, Pollock and mackerel firmly on. Have tried wrasse a couple of times but never again.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snapper

Ahh Mat, I'm sat here chuckling, that really is a bad photo but fair enough.

I'll keep posting the lure in gob photos for you:)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Perch

Ahhh thanks Bill, I do like a nice gobby lure shot, but lure not in gob and in the frame will do just as nicely ;-)

Lurkers - rather than catch and release mark nickers, are the lurkers catching for the table / bait fishermen and being careful with spot protection most important to protect the fish from being taken?

No idea what its like anywhere else but we have a strong tradition of fishing for food down here and sadly bass is a prized meal, I can only think of maybe two others practising catch and release and I reckon they are 'blow ins' I.e. Not from round ere / incomers. Do you call em something like 'grockles'?

Going back to my little whinge, the title is 'lure forum' not bass catch and release forum. Lets keep the variety up please if poss :)

14. Sprat

I've never had the pleasure of writing a bass report, one day though.

When I'm pollock fishing I don't often get photos of lures with the fish. That's mainly cos we use a net to land them. I always like to get the lure out the way of the fish and net. Nowt worse than snagging on the net.

I do try and mention the lure that caught the fish when I write the report too. Maybe I should try and remember to get the lure in future.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Perch

Nice one Andy, I like Pollock reports always nice to see, was out at Crantock last night expecting at least a Pollock maybe something silver but no Joy. Starting to see Cornish catch reports now so fingers crossed something will turn up soon. Good luck this year hope a Bass comes your way soon

• Like Like x 1
  16. Striper

like bills reports, no idea if the lures in the pic or not just enjoy reading them best pics often nothing to do wuth the fish

• Like Like x 1