The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have booked another bream trip out of Littlehampton on 1st August. The boat is called Sally Ann skippered by Colin Baker. Last time we went out we had plenty of fish but no bream on lures other than the skipper's first fish caught on a Dexter Wedge!!!
Anyway, this time will be different.
It looks like due to unforeseen circumstances (not checking availability BEFORE booking) that we have a couple of places free if anybody is interested. The cost of the boat is £280 split between however many are on the boat.
Colin is a top guy and very accomodating so hopefully we will get some on lures this time around.

If anybody is interested PM me and let me know

The previous trip thread is here: http://www.thelureforum.com/showthread.php?t=3088

If you PM me, don't expect immediate replies, I don't have much time to access the forum at work.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Looking forward to round 2. Got some secret stuff I want to try this time, now we know how the fish feed. Going light too with some 0.7PE to cut through the tide, just can't decide on how many rods to bring for all the techniques we'll need, ha ha.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We aren't full by any means. We have room for one or two more if they fancy something different.
If we don't get any bream, we could always try for a few smoothies or tope using our baitcasting gear!!!! That might just warm the drag a bit......

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
UPDATE: Room for one more if anyone's interested.

This may turn into a wrecking trip as the Bream are thin on the ground at the moment, so we'll be targetting Bass & Pollack if the Bream don't show. Primary aim is to focus entirely on lures for whatever species seems appropriate on the day.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wish I could go with you all Andy. I spent the last of my "pocket money" on a charter trip locally a couple of days back. I wish you better luck than we had. Wrecks and ridges up here are all but devoid of fish. Ended up catching baby smoothound and mini tope. Even then I wouldn't exactly say that it got remotely busy.
Al lthat said, I cant blame the skipper. Date was picked based on tides for wreck fishing. The fact the wrecks were empty of anything but pout made a mockery of steaming so far to catch nothing we wanted to catch. So, we just tried to make the best of a crappy day. Skipper did his best (unlike many who just anchor you up where he wants to go and thats it for the day) to find some fish for us, but alas, none of the local boats did very well at all.

May your trip be the complete opposite, fish wise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts