The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not a lure report, but in these cold dark winter well almost spring nights I thought a catch report is worth posting.

I promise to post some lure reports when spring really arrives.

I told my son Joshua we would go fishing this weekend, the only safe place to take him only being four is the beach.

Decided to try for the odd hardy lost Bass or maybe a flounder.

Popped into the local tackle shop to be greeted with the doom and gloom that is shore fishing at the moment. I was told that most people were blanking with very little being caught.

Not to be negative I decided we would enjoy the day regardless of fish.

Driving down the first signs of spring were evident with willow trees covered in pussy willows

On arriving at Llangennith the surf was perfect, I can only hope we have conditions like this in a months time. With an Atlantic storm arriving tomorrow the swell was pounding the beach. The water was clear considering the surf

Photos taken on phone so please do not expect perfect pics!

First cast and blank beaten, my first shore caught bass this year. Only a little one but still a Bass in February

Lip hooked, returned and swam away strongly. Lovely to see the fish swim away through the breakers.

Nothing else to report, only fished for two hours. Then time to head to the cafe for lunch.

A nice couple of hours, really enjoy fishing llangennith with a good surf. Great to be back wading in the surf and seeing an early fish.

Tight lines all.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hey Marc - well done for the first bass of the year. Looks like the weather and the surf were ideal. Next job, bass on a lure!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Well done.

I don't see anything wrong with posting bait results if you are a lure angler.

I'm seriously considering a bait session tomorrow myself. F8 - F9 and 2g jigs don't mix.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Hi Marc,

Well done on beating the Blank, good to see your Son out and enjoying himself, my favourite beach looks stunning. We had a good day down at Bosherston, weather was poor to start with but got better as the day went on !
Cracking report and pics.

Edit : You were nearly smiling as well !!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well done.

I don't see anything wrong with posting bait results if you are a lure angler.

I'm seriously considering a bait session tomorrow myself. F8 - F9 and 2g jigs don't mix.
Thanks Keith, I agree. My lead weights were being dragged around with the surf and rip today.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Marc,

Well done on beating the Blank, good to see your Son out and enjoying himself, my favourite beach looks stunning. We had a good day down at Bosherston, weather was poor to start with but got better as the day went on !
Cracking report and pics.
Thanks Tim and Steve. It is a superb beach. Looking forward to the report from today's pike outing

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I hear only good things about Llangenith so maybe one day I'll be invited.. ;)
Were there many other anglers there today, Marc?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear only good things about Llangenith so maybe one day I'll be invited.. ;)
Were there many other anglers there today, Marc?
I was the only person fishing, you are always welcome to join us. In a few weeks there will be a few of us fishing Llangennith.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I love Llangennith - one of my favorite locations in the world !!!! Very nice report, and great to see Josh out fishing - the next young-gun to join the team !!! Nice pics too.

I'm looking forward to my first Llangennith session of the year.

·
Registered
779 Posts
nice one on getting out - looked nice and sunny at least

1 - 11 of 11 Posts