The Lure Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps, I'm off to wales next week and am going to be bringing my plugging gear over with me, am going to be hooking up with some surfing friends around the Hells mouth area. Can anyone tell me are the bass showing yet in numbers and where would you suggest going? Thought Whistling sands looked good last time I went, but will be mainly fishing the Hells mouth beach. Which end would you suggest? the Rhiw end or the end with the mussel beds and reef? any help would be greatly received. Cheers guy's

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
hi mate,loads of bass gettin caught to bait and now starting to show on lures.i know the reef end fishes well to sluggos.hope this helps daz.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Keith, use to be down there every weekend years ago but never fishing, might bring some of the LRF gear for some wrasse. Good luck for thursday.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Prevailing wind all week and into the weekend has been NE which has been killing the fishing on the north coast marks.
Only small Pollack showing to sandeel.
South coast getting better reports, Bass & macky being caught from boats on Sarn Badrig reef.
Bass on bait from Gimblet rock area.
However nothing on lures yesterday morning, low tide , in the harbour mouth.:sad:
Watched a large flock of gulls and gannetts for an hour diving into a shoal of something about half a mile off shore near Ysgaden on Monday so larger bait fish are arriving.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Prevailing wind all week and into the weekend has been NE which has been killing the fishing on the north coast marks.
Only small Pollack showing to sandeel.
South coast getting better reports, Bass & macky being caught from boats on Sarn Badrig reef.
Bass on bait from Gimblet rock area.
However nothing on lures yesterday morning, low tide , in the harbour mouth.:sad:
Watched a large flock of gulls and gannetts for an hour diving into a shoal of something about half a mile off shore near Ysgaden on Monday so larger bait fish are arriving.
cheers colin

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Will be down there in a weeks time all being well.
Still very early for plugging around the Lleyn Penninsula.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mmmmh, what about wrasse in that area? are they common there?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just got back from the tudwelliog area nothing on the plugs loads of small pollack and sandeel to feathers quite alot of bird activity too ,Good luck with your trip.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers Keith, heading down the Llyn tomorrow, may try some LRF and will post a report.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
eerrrmmmmm...........so mid august is VERY??? early for lures on the lleyn penninsula ???????????????????????????

so why is it always the first (march) and last place (jan) that bass are caught on lures in north wales ???????

what a strange comment....... !!!!

Jamo........find somewhere with clear water that looks fishy and give it a go at first/last light and good luck !!!

oh......this is very near to where you go on the lleyn

http://www.thelureforum.com/showthread.php?t=15787
have you seen the date trevor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts