The Lure Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just a quick one just loaded my reel with 0.23 power pro and the 150 yds has took me to right under the first lip on the spool i expected to need backing as well as the spool states it should hold 260 ydsof 0.25. can anyone with this reel tell me where they fill it too .sory for the daft question cheers for any help

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Evening Keith. I put a small amount of backing on mine - just enough to cover the spool with one layer of line. I'm then spooled-up with 15lb Powerline Power Shot, which is 130m of 0.11. The reel is massively underfilled, and casts just fine. See this thread here for pics http://www.thelureforum.com/showthread.php?t=1361

Are you saying that with just the braid, the spool is completely full ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I,ll have to use it now going out in the morning will give mr fish a shout on tuesday and get hooked up with something that suits this sexy reel and i'll use the pp as a washing line cheers for the help simon .

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Andrew can't wait to try it on my rookie fantastic pictures by the way, cheers for the help.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Forgot to add, I wound the braid on first then the mono just to under the lip and switched spools and reversed the process so the mono went back to the begining on the spool. If you haven't already done that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts