The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,just a quick one.Travelled nearly 2hrs to a mark yesterday...wasnt feeling to well prior but went all the same.Anyhow cut a long story short ,had a few casts and and headed back home.Parked van on drive around tea time and went to bed.Woke up 4.20am and dog was barking.Looked through curtains and my van doors were open with my plugging gear on the drive.Legged it outside in my gruds but no scum around.Robbed my greys extreme wading jacket,with camera and pistol grip in the pockets.All lures,rods and reels accounted for plus vango tent.I had one rod set up and as they treid to wangle it out of the side door my x rap hooked my dust sheet..love that lure.CSi have been and mr plod said theres at least 5 vans done that night all unsecured.I normally lock it but with being so ill and needing the loo i forgot.They said theres going to be a huge surge in shed and vehicle robberies between now and xmas.So lock up chaps.
cheers daz.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Good advice to all Daz, shame about your lost equipment !

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Guttes to hear that you lost some gear to the scum Daz, just glad that they didnt get more !!!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Funny thing was guys i had csi crawling over my van fingerprinting,then a copper turns up and then i realized i had a baseball bat hidden with my sakura rookie in a length of guttering.Well you never know when you might feel like a a game of rounders lol.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Daz, Soz to hear about your loss, bloody scum the lot of them, nothing a good hiding would not sort out!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
sorry about your loss there mate, at least they didnt take everything though i guess? could have been a dam site worse, no concelation i know, last time i had them crawling over my van few years back i got a warning for having 4 stanley knives in the front of the van, what did they expect i was a floor layer, i could cut carpet with a paif of blunt scissors i guess would keep the HSE happy.
Same seems to happen this time of the year approaching xmas should find the little F****rs and give them a ki****g, maybe then they would learn something inseta od getting ther badge of honour the acclaimed ASBO!!!
Sorry again mate

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Sorry to hear this Darren.

Well I am with Mike on this and without getting political, if i caught the dirtbags I am sure I would be the one arrested after my on the spot justice!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hey, Daz - hard luck mate. Look on the bright side - you get to go shopping for some new gear to replace the old! Hope you can manage an insurance claim to cover your losses?
You know what - it may be best that you didn't catch them at it. It could have gone badly wrong if you had intercepted them. Either you getting in trouble for dealing with it, or them carrying knives etc. I really despise people who thieve other people's hard earned gear. Ba&ards. Put them on a chain gang if you catch them and at least get some value out of the lazy workshy tw&ts!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahhhh!been through my lure boxes and all my divers were in the big pocket on the back of the jacket.So that in total is about 400 quids worth.Chap down the road had all of his karioke gear robbed aswel....bet thats a few quids worth.Coppers say theve got 2 cctv captures of 2 other thefts from next village.I think your right tim if i did catch them i dread to think how far id go especially when ive got a garden pitch fork by my door.
cheers daz.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
These sort of 'creatures' that steal hardworking peoples property can only be dealt with in one way,a slap on the wrist or one of those ASBO things wont work.
A wooden post and 4 foot of Ratten is the only way.
Strong views I know but.................

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ahhhh!been through my lure boxes and all my divers were in the big pocket on the back of the jacket.So that in total is about 400 quids worth.Chap down the road had all of his karioke gear robbed aswel....bet thats a few quids worth.Coppers say theve got 2 cctv captures of 2 other thefts from next village.I think your right tim if i did catch them i dread to think how far id go especially when ive got a garden pitch fork by my door.
cheers daz.
A pitchfork by the door - bandit country !! lol

·
Registered
363 Posts
Really gutted for you Daz, Seems that the old white van is a bit of a magnet for twats like that..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts