The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lads im looking to buy a rib that would take 4-5 people.this will be my first rib so im looking for any advice you can give.i would travel to the uk for the right boat and the right price if anybody knows of a good place where i could pick one up.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Pat, Hope you don't mind but I moved your question here, should be get an answer here quicker than in the social thread.

·
Registered
324 Posts
have you tried "buyarib.com" was looking a couple of weeks back, though was put off buying one when local boat yard showed me a rib that was used for fishing, it was covered in puncture patches.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I have done a little bit of RIB fishing and would just mention that hooks etc aside even the dorsal spines of large bass can (and do) puncture tubes. Other than that they are great craft if you have experience of fast boats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What kind of budget are you looking at Pat, do you want new or second hand and would it be a trailer boat or do you have access to a mooring/marina berth?
I have a small 4.5m RIB which I trailer, its great but I do worry about a frisky fish dragging a treble through one of the tubes, or when I take friends out, one of them putting a hook through a tube. Something else to consider with a very small rib, and you might be looking at something bigger then me, is rod storage when you're on the go... there are very few places to put rod holders on a rib!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
andy im looking for something over 5 metres but on a good trailer as i need to be able to move around if need be.the last boat was a seahog and it was a heavy boat on a bad trailer and a nightmare to launch.im in no panic im going to have a good look around thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts