The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out on my kayak for the first time in ages on Saturday with two fellow kayak friends.

The weather was fantastic, hard to believe the change in only two days.

Anyway, others were catching undersized fish with nothing of any size about. Went from Seymour towards Icho and found some nice runs just before low water which are usually too fast and rough to hang about trying to cast across but today it was perfect. Within half a dozen casts got slammed by a beautiful bass of around 4lb+ on my most successful lure ever. Yozuri mag darter in pink/purple (very little paint left on it after four plus years of service).
Brought Billy along side my yak and got a firm grip with the boga and unhooked him. Had my usual dilema, shall I keep him, shall I take another ear bashing from my wife for releasing him. Looked around for my two friends who were following me towards Icho for lunch. No sign of them, and they had the picnic!
Decided to release Billy to fight another day as he was really green and not happy, thrashing about flexing his muscles. Really wanted to show my friends before release, as Ian is still to catch a bass and I didn't have a camera.
Looked around, still no sign of the two of them so decided to carry on to Icho. Hey presto there they are, although Ian looked a little damp and unhappy.
Unbeknown to me whilst I had been enjoying the fight, Ian who was trolling a lure got snagged in some kelp and then flipped over. His maiden voyage in his new kayak did not go as he would of liked. To make matters worse his little bag of lures, swivels, line, bits and bobs sank to the bottom never to be seen again.
I know it's a long shot and he probably has more chance of wining £20,000 on a scratch card but if anyone finds a bag of lures washed up please let me know so I can return them to the now dry Ian.

·
Registered
40 Posts
And I thought that it was the amount of food they were carrying for your lunch that caused the problem' but it was nice to see that he was ok and still keen to carry on even if he was a bit damp

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
i am out that way for a couple of days so will look out ,swell forcast so may loosen up and get washed up to the tide line .
looking for shiny lures with rusty hooks lol.
well done with the bass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts