The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to no whats the best lures for the following. surface lure,shallow diving,medium diving,deep diving,and sinking. it would help me alot and save me a lot of money.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Shaun,
Sadly there s no one "rght" lure for the the types you menton, some work better than others on any given day.
But I will say that
Surface lures=patchnko100 (500G)and Z Claw (mullet/rattling)are miles ahead of the others for me
Shallow=Feed Shallow(mullet), Duo DC12(matt Iwashi or H134) (one of my best producng lure ths year).
Medium= Duo SLD-F 125 &145-simply awesome bass lure (h134 or H94)
Deep=ZONK (mullet)-nothing else comes close-But some of the new colours look saucy-french pearl and Midnight Secret)
But worth remembering that what works for one person might not work for everyone.
Have a look at the best lures of 2009 thread at the top of the tackle section for more feedback from the members.

Reactions: Shaun Austin

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi I tend to go with a few tried and trusted designs. I have maybe 8-10 lures with me when fishing. A few tobys for pollack or long distance bass. A couple of rappalas, rebel J20, redgills to be fished with a bubble float up trace and my favourite home made plugs. No need for loads of flashy expensive lures. Can be a good idea to have your favourite plugs in a few different sizes though.

·
1,866 Posts
Shaun,
Sadly there s no one "rght" lure for the the types you menton, some work better than others on any given day.
But I will say that
Surface lures=patchnko100 (500G)and Z Claw (mullet/rattling)are miles ahead of the others for me
Shallow=Feed Shallow(mullet), Duo DC12(matt Iwashi or H134) (one of my best producng lure ths year).
Medium= Duo SLD-F 125 &145-simply awesome bass lure (h134 or H94)
Deep=ZONK (mullet)-nothing else comes close-But some of the new colours look saucy-french pearl and Midnight Secret)
But worth remembering that what works for one person might not work for everyone.
Have a look at the best lures of 2009 thread at the top of the tackle section for more feedback from the members.
Ahhhhh........... Now I know why someone phoned a certain shop ref the Mullet Zonk 120............

Regards

PS..... Got your new rod yet?

PPS.... Welcome to 101 answers..!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi sean. how are you. just wanted to c what lure was around. yes got the new rod. tenryu the red ultimate one. very nice

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I would like to no whats the best lures for the following. surface lure,shallow diving,medium diving,deep diving,and sinking. it would help me alot and save me a lot of money.
Shaun remember you dont need loads and loads of lures as lots of them do virtually the same job.
As far as fishing on the surface goes try the Z-Claw and a popper (chugbug small).
Shallow running lures you wont go wrong with the Feed shallow plugs and for a bit deeper try the Tide minnow in the 175 size.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts