The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I had a dedicated LRF session and it wasn't nice last night. I started off on a beach chucking bass lures but decided after half an hour it wasn't working and headed for the ease of a harbour wall / rocks with a light on the water.

LRF gear, homemade and home design LRF lures on a small head and away we go. Gin clear water but blimey that wind was cold, soon couldn't feel hands or face (note to self, buy gloves and hat, winter's here...)

After a few chucks I was feeling it again, strange how much of a transition it is from HRF to LRF, but soon into it, casting to a darker area, OTD small bump, hit it and yes there's a fish there but it's just coming, then all of a sudden it's not coming. It's going!! and by 'eck isn't it going!! the Salty Shot did what it was designed to do, as did the baby Shimano 1000 and G-Soul PE #1.0 (that stuff is THIN)

After a lot of trouble and getting wrapped round some weed, it was in. Good pollack.

2411Pollack1.JPG

several more casts and several more fish, here's a few:

2411Pollack2.JPG 2411Pollack4.JPG 2411Pollack3.JPG

About 9 fish in all, the first one was the biggest, down to some pretty small stuff but i stuck it out with the homemade LRF (Paul B would call it a Tuna lure...) as I couldn't feel fingers to tie a knot anyway.

A cold but satisfying night out!!

P.S. I know it's not really cold down here but for us, this is almost as cold as it gets!! A Scouser would still be wearing shorts and t-shirt!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice work Andy,
Some good pollack there, bet the scrap warmed you up a bit.
Good pics too.
I seriously need to find a mark like that.
Mike H, fancy teasing the beasts and then a crab sandwich??

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All of our harbour marks are pretty much like that, some of them you need a drop net for larger fish though they still have lights. Must go back to the drop net mark actually, just it's north facing and north facing with north gale ain't nice!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nice one m8

nice to see you getting back into the LRF, might take your mind off HRF wrassing for the next 5 days

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice one m8

nice to see you getting back into the LRF, might take your mind off HRF wrassing for the next 5 days
If I didn't have a job I would be wrasse fishing all daylight hours right now. It's perfect, clear water, good tides but I have to earn the money for this obsession unfortunately!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice one Andy, looking forward to hitting a few of them myself in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
give it a go at that rock mark Carl, not really much light on the water but I reckon it will work on the lesser tides.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not much tide movement but I think the LRF doesn't need it as much, the lighter lure and lead carries much better and you can still keep in contact.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts