The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Nice fish well done. I have caught flounder to 1.5lbs on LRF style kit but not recently. Try as hard as i might they seem to have all but disappeared locally.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Brilliant new Ry :clap: :clap:. There's a bunch of us in Wales that plan on cracking these guys on light gear . . . . . superb to hear of your success :D.

Would love some additional detail on method.

·
Registered
369 Posts
great fed up wiv baited spoons details would be great loads in fowey river down here .they fight well on carp rods must have been good on lrf stuff well done mate

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Thanks for this post. I was only speaking to Dan and Callum recently about targeting flounder but I was thinking of bait so, you've got me thinking............

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Nice one.

I have tried once last year in Jersey with the ULX. No flounder but the method seemed to be working fine. Maybe time to have another go!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice one RY!!!

Managed one on a Giant Xlayer this year, made a good account of itself on standard gear, let alone LRF tackle.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Great stuff Ry. Flounder are one species I am keen to have a crack at with LRf gear.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Very Nicely done Ry,
I was talking to Mike K only last night about having a hunt around for a good flounder mark. Fair play landing it on LRF gear, just goes to show what LRF gear is capable of handling.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Flounder can also have orange/ yellow spots, but generally not as vivid as Plaice.

Main difference generally, is Plaice have nobbly bits on their head.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts