The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With clarity being an issue on my usual local haunts, I decided an LRF session would be a good shout. Apart from still learning essential methods. I chose clearer deeper water and plenty of light. It seems everytime another session is notched more things become evident.

Pollack on a 1.8g, Nitro trout bait on the drop.

Pouting on a 1.8g, Reins Aji meet (same as above)

Good fun and always a learning curve.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Nice one Mike. Great fun and I love the little Aji Meet with 1.8g, had some pretty good pollack OTD on it in pitch darkness.

But... Why look for clear water, we fish for bass in full darkness and take plenty, why should dirty water make a difference if they can find the lures in full dark?? Another thread topic I think...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Nice result Mike !

I am really looking forward in trying this LRF off Harbour walls, were you fishing near any Harbour lights by any chance ?

·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Andy a thread on that subject would be a good idea. I tried a few usual places but the clearer areas produced for me tonight. Tim, the new rod feels better everytime for me. Near harbour lights for sure Gary.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thanks for that Mike,

I have seen a lot of Pollack and Smelt milling around the low light levels that you get from the glow of Harbour lights but soon as you shine a torch or any other light at them they scatter

·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here Gary, they do seem to like following the lures into the light. Fixed lights are what they are used to I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts