The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-DJust a quick report - a mate of mine was back from oz for a couple of weeks so we met up for a bit of pollack bashing around the dungarvan area. Hammered loads of pollack on ultra light gear for a few hours and think i got him round to the idea of trying a bit of lrf in oz. We had pollack up to 3lbs on a cormoran ulx, shimano rarenium 2500 and 10lb braid with small SPs. Was amazed that the little rod could cope with some of the bigger fish - any bigger and i think we'd have been in trouble. great to see a rod bent 90 degrees and 15-20ft of line stripping off the spool. I know a lot of the lads on here have been raving about the LRF and i just want to add my recommendation. if you haven't tried it then give it a shot. great to get a decent fight out of a fish again. no pics because we were sitting up on top of a high pier wall and didn't want to risk dropping the work phone in!

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Hi Ronan, Nice one on the LRF sesh, another convert! Loads of kit in Oz for your mate to choose from too. I got a Comoran ULX a couple of weeks ago and love it! It's a lovely bit of kit with much more grunt than my last LRF rod. I haven't gone over it's limit yet, like you I had a 3lb-er last week but I'd like to have a 4lb-er on it:!:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Ronan
Well done. I caught my first LRF pollack on a mark arround ardmore during the summer. Ever since Ive been addicted to getting lighter and lighter.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Great stuff. With the quality of fish you have over there it must be LRF heaven!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts