The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out y'day afternoon with new member jon wood,just a hour or so on a n'e mark,( strong n'e winds made cond' tough,but im trying to get to grips with the wind in the face rather than run away from it) chance to try out some tacklehouse metals **** has started to stock, (cheers ****). 1st cast bang pollock,only small but great fun on the lrf gear,few casts later started to get follws from loads of snipe but they just wouldn't take,then whack rod bent over great scrap, landed a big snipe well over 3 ft long,the fish slipped while unhookin it straight into the water so no pics, john then got he's 1st lrf polock gud stuff on the 6ft rod and 6lb fluo, thats him hooked on the lrf!, follows stopped so changed down to 3" reins 3g heads(them pens do make a diff keith) for last 10 mins we said, 1st cast missed bite 2nd cast wrasse around the 1.5lb mark, only fished about an hour all n all, managed 3 species, this lrf stuff is great

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I know Snipe/Garfish can be a pain sometimes, but as you say on light gear they are great fun.
Three species in a hour is cool, really shows just how much potential LRF has here in the UK.
Had giggles fishing for mackerel with small topwater lures yesterday-which was good fun, it doesn't always have to be about the bass!!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Great report Carl.

I should be out right now but my right knee is stopping me moving around too much.
X=Ray dept Thursday so I'll know more shortly.

LRF is wicked and NOT a stop gap to Bass or whatever. Of course, it helps, it seriously helps to fish LRF, get into proper sized fish and when you pick up the old gear...
Well, those of you who have done this know what I'm talking about.

Small metals in LRF is a big focus for me right now and I'm using this down time to make loads of little 'assist' hooks to fit my 3g thru 14g metals.

I'm searching and searching for longer, thinner but not heavy LRF metals. something like 7g but 5 -- 10 cm long and that flutters.
I might try polished aluminium or even copper. Most all flutter baits are way to heavy even for HRF purposes and I feel that small flutters are likely key for bigger snipe based upon the type of hits and grabs they can perform. However, we need the LRF rod to be able to move and lift the lure to re-activate it.

Just so much to learn Carl. Really pleased you've introduced yet someone else to the sport of LRF / HRF.

Another convert you reckon ?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
think one of the good things about lrf dave is that it fine tunes you for the hrf and bass fishing, improves your concentration and awareness, im lovin fishin lrf and the small metals are starting to show up

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
john said he wont be digging worms this year keith!!!!, we'l have to get him out with the team after my hols m8, hope everythin is ok with the knee,i can tell a lot of diff these days after using my knee pads ive got a dodgy knee aswell

·
Registered
43 Posts
Really good post-thanks Carl- helps a newbie to understand the approach. I've got time off at the end of the week so looking forward to learning some of the basics. Sounds fantastic !

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nice one Carl,

Those Riens are the bollox my goto LRF lure now!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts