The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The forecast looks promising the next evening or so to try out the shrimp LRF.

Lighter for size comparison, 1.8g Decoy head and associated rattle.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Looks great Mike. What is it (maker and lure name)?

Prawn lure anglers dilemma though, will you rig it to swim forwards or backwards! LOL

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
that's one nice looking lure!! Very realistic look to it. just got to make it move right now, but then I think the wrasse won't be that bothered if it goes forward or backward?

·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And that proves it Bob, as i mentioned to Paul earlier, not much would turn down a nice juicy shrimp eh:)

·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As for the rigging, anyone had any outings with artificial prawns and the methods for successful rigging?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Carolina rig as you suggested Mike, glass bead for the "click". I'd be tempted to rig the prawn tail first. They don't swim forward as fast as you'll be twitching them. But maybe the opposite for dead sticking?

·
6,295 Posts
I thought maybe Carolina rig at first, but then if a jig would work then it would be nice for more control on the drop. Tekisasurigu would be nice for getting the lure right into weed covered boulders etc, but would be hard with a shrimp shaped lure.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
It's all takishit to me ****.

Love that urban stuff though. Might have to have chuck around the top end of the harbour with my "Shout" tournament gear on......

1 - 20 of 39 Posts