The Lure Forums banner

LRF Trip tonight, anyone?

499 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Ben Field 
#1 · (Edited)
Contemplating heading down to Mevagissey tonight if anyone fancies joining for a spot of the light stuff? Not definite but a possibility...

#3 ·
Haha. Sure you can't be tempted??! Smaller tides tonight but I'll see what damage I can cause.

#4 ·
Good luck. don't be too dissed if you don't manage 29! I'm going to fish the low water for a change, see if that makes the crucial difference, something has to! LOL (gotta laugh!) The water should have cleared now, it was like soup t'other day; couldn't see the lure after in sunk 6 inches under.

#5 ·
Bah, I'll be trying allsprts if I go so don't expect huge numbers. Want to look for a couple of different species if possible.

#8 ·
Blanked Keith!!......

....as if! Even added a new species! A crab! Lol.

Somewhere around 15 fish tonight. Did lots of faffing about and stayed in one spot to intentionally make it harder. After catching a few they got really cagey but I just wanted to see what I had to do in order to get the shy fish to bite.

Had fish on vib baits to start, then drop-shotted worms, ultra light Carolina rigs, and standard jigheads with a mixture of baits. Thinking about it I may have had more than 15.

Report to follow tomorrow.

#10 ·
I had a proper blank!
Went down PsM harbour, the wind was really getting up - we had an 8 here last night - and my heart wasn't in it after an hour of the driving rain. Ran through a few weight, rigs and techniques, so it wasn't totally useless, not far of though! LOL, must remember to laugh!!!

#11 ·
Unlucky Tim. Keep at it. Well worth the effort when the light rod keels over on a minnow. ;-)

#13 ·
I'm sure it'll get easier when the water warms up a bit mate.

Its relatively easy fishing here I must admit - you can see them at times. The water is soooooo clear, I actually wonder whether it'd be slightly easier to induce proper bites if the water was a touch more coloured?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.