The Lure Forums banner

Lucky Boy

826 views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  steve broad 
#1 · (Edited)
I didnt think it could get much better than yesterday Guess what It did As i drove to the chosen spot i couldnt help but notice the amount of birds hitting the water just beyond the surf line I set up and started fishing No takes so i sat down and watched as the birds moved toward me When the birds started to hit the water in front of me the fishing went ballistic I couldnt cast and release the fish quick enough The Bad Boy was working overtime
All went quiet no takes no follows A long lull and then 150 yards to my left the birds started again right amongst several people swimming I ran across the rocks 7 casts 7 hook ups of which i landed 4 I still cant believe that the fish were actually shoaling amongst people swimming Every fish i landed spat sandeels as i unhooked them
All fish taken were on the Bad Boy Total of 9 Bass all returned Could have been a dozen more The biggest was around 4lb which i didnt count Although i had lifted her she shook spat the lure and went hurtling through a gulley in about 2 inches of water Pics to follow
My better half enjoyed the day as she had 1 Bass and lost a Mackeral and a Bass She has been dying to get a pic on the forum so here she is The Bass behaved whilst photo taken Ju really doesnt like the spines

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
:-D
I didnt think it could get much better than yesterday Guess what It did As i drove to the chosen spot i couldnt help but notice the amount of birds hitting the water just beyond the surf line I set up and started fishing No takes so i sat down and watched as the birds moved toward me When the birds started to hit the water in front of me the fishing went ballistic I couldnt cast and release the fish quick enough The Bad Boy was working overtime
All went quiet no takes no follows A long lull and then 150 yards to my left the birds started again right amongst several people swimming I ran across the rocks 7 casts 7 hook ups of which i landed 4 I still cant believe that the fish were actually shoaling amongst people swimming Every fish i landed spat sandeels as i unhooked them
All fish taken were on the Bad Boy Total of 9 Bass all returned Could have been a dozen more The biggest was around 4lb which i didnt count Although i had lifted her she shook spat the lure and went hurtling through a gulley in about 2 inches of water Pics to follow
Sounds like you had a great time there mate.

#8 ·
Hi Martin Pretty sure its the surface popper not jigging Anyway it weighs 39grm You could double check with Nathan He also sells them Its not a pretty lure but it sure works The takes on it are awesome Yesterday the Gulls & Bass were fighting over it Luckily i avoided the gulls by allowing it to sink a couple of inches then jerk it back to the surface

#14 ·
Hi Marq,

I did not see your reply to my original meet question. Let's get it on mate. Let me know when you can get there considering tides and all and I will be there. Week days preferably as I have a caravan at Bigbury Bay so I fish that area Friday -Sunday. If you fancy a change of scenery there are some great marks out that way and you are more than welcome to come and explore. There is camping available so we could make a weekend of it some time.

I'm not sure how long you have been fishing the mark, but my experience of it is September and October it goes crazy with much bigger fish showing.

#15 ·
I didnt think it could get much better than yesterday Guess what It did ..................
Marq - you're obviously on a blinder at the moment. Great to hear about you catching the fish, even if I am a tad jealous. Wots your secret........the lure &/or how you work it, local knowledge come watercraft or just plain spawny luck? Can't be the last one as you had bites & fish the other morning when me & lee had none. Perhaps a combination of the other factors......

A sprinkling of the bass dust on my lures so I can pop my lure cherry would be greatly appreciated lol!

Well done

Toby

#17 ·
Hi Toby Saturday eve and Sunday was just spawny luck The fish were there in large numbers I think any lure would have worked but i just needed an exrta 15yards on the cast So the Bad Boy was 1st choice Saturday morning though was down to knowing where and when to fish Did you notice how quickly i rushed across the rocks when we 1st arrived he he

#18 ·
Did you notice how quickly i rushed across the rocks when we 1st arrived he he
Mmmmm. When we got down there I recall heading for a gulley, picked totally at random, only to be overtaken by you taking a 'short cut' using your local knowledge & taking position in said gulley that I was heading for lol! Thought you might give the beginner the best spot!!

Looked up the price of the Bad Boy..........I think if I had one of those (its already on the ever growing wish list) & got it stuck I'd be swimming after it double time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.