The Lure Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I repeated see comments about these lures on the french and spainsh forums.
I have seen a couple of video clips of their action as well-they do look good in the water. But I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I was wondering if any of the members have fished with them and what they thought of them??
Casting? sizes? colours? and most importantly do they work?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes they do work - very well! Ghost Ayu was the best colour, no longer available as Lucky Craft keep changing their colours. The only colour I use now is the Cherry Belly (Berry?)

Think they are 18g, suspending. Stay away from the factory tuned models though, they seem to have a different action and don't cast as well as the original version.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I had 3 of these lures a few years back. I have only used 2 of them but on both the hooks were brittle and snapped. I dont know if it was just the batch i had, but i have now changed the hooks on them.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Liam and Steve,
So are you guys using them as a jerk bait, or are they fine on a straight retrieve?

Oh and I will change the hooks- ST46's for me, work for me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The LC Flash Minnow is one of the best plugs ever made (IMHO).

It casts like hell, can take up heavy seas, and works like a jewel, besides it's well made has a tough diving lip (not like the cheap plastic that the DUO plugs have).

As for the specs, they weight 21 grams, have weight transfer system and dive about 60 to 70 cm's in a straight retrieve with the rod tip at waist height.

They are one of the best selling and most killer plugs in Portugal, and I guess in Spain too.

As for colors, the Aurora Black (or Zebra Aurora Black for the saltwater models) and the American Shad (or Zebra American Shad in saltwater models) are imo all terrain colors, use and abuse them in day or night, clear water or stained water, they will work.

They have a lot of colors to choose from, all of them pretty good imo.
Some colors come with black (freshwater) trebles, Owner ST something, they will do well in saltwater, if you wash your lures after fishing they will last almost the same as the saltwater trebles.

As for retrieves, I never work a straight retrieve with most of lures (except vibration plugs), I like to cast it, and retrieve jerk/pause retrive jerk/pause.
Or with a continous twitching (small rod tip twiches) retrieve.
But I NEVER use straight retrieves, the more erratic your lure will work, the best it atracts bass.

As you can see it even catches fish in crystal clear water, at noon, in the middle of hot day of portuguese summer, oh and it catches girls also ehehhe J/K!

Flash Minnow FTW!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information Pedro,
Especially on the colours.
And very well done on both the bass and the girl-both look stunning!!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know Pedro,
but catching a bass at noon in crystal clear water is often very hard-nicely done

·
Registered
402 Posts
The LC Flash Minnow is one of the best plugs ever made (IMHO).

It casts like hell, can take up heavy seas, and works like a jewel, besides it's well made has a tough diving lip (not like the cheap plastic that the DUO plugs have).

As for the specs, they weight 21 grams, have weight transfer system and dive about 60 to 70 cm's in a straight retrieve with the rod tip at waist height.

They are one of the best selling and most killer plugs in Portugal, and I guess in Spain too.

As for colors, the Aurora Black (or Zebra Aurora Black for the saltwater models) and the American Shad (or Zebra American Shad in saltwater models) are imo all terrain colors, use and abuse them in day or night, clear water or stained water, they will work.

They have a lot of colors to choose from, all of them pretty good imo.
Some colors come with black (freshwater) trebles, Owner ST something, they will do well in saltwater, if you wash your lures after fishing they will last almost the same as the saltwater trebles.

As for retrieves, I never work a straight retrieve with most of lures (except vibration plugs), I like to cast it, and retrieve jerk/pause retrive jerk/pause.
Or with a continous twitching (small rod tip twiches) retrieve.
But I NEVER use straight retrieves, the more erratic your lure will work, the best it atracts bass.

As you can see it even catches fish in crystal clear water, at noon, in the middle of hot day of portuguese summer, oh and it catches girls also ehehhe J/K!

Flash Minnow FTW!
Thanks Pedro,

I do agree on the Flashminnow.
It's a fantastic lure, for years the no 1 in Franch as well.
In spring I use the Fashminnow 95 MR, cast perfect for a small lure an a great great action.
Both, the 110 & 95 are my favorites.

http://www.zeevisland.com/Harold/Zeebaarshoek/L-craft-flash--110.htm

b.t.w. Nice blog Perdro.

http://dutchbass.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Pedro B said:
I so pleased I'm not all alone on that point.

At night, maybe I 'might', if i'm waking a plug. otherwise, never.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Í have the Flash Minnow 80 SP, 95 MR and 110 SP. Excellent lures, all cast very well, and with very good results on a energetic retrieve: twitches alternated by jerks in a ripping pace. A must have in Aurora Black or Bait Fish Silver.

Don't like the TR versions of the Flash Minnows though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts