The Lure Forums banner

Lucky craft gunfish.

4K views 33 replies 26 participants last post by  Kevin Garrigan 
#1 ·
Feedback required on the Lucky craft gunfish, Will be using this lure for the coming season, Any catches, comments and general info of your experiences with this topwater lure.??

#7 ·
Vanstaalguy ,
Its a must have lure in your box , the Ghost ayu was my favorite colour caught plenty speicemen sized bass on this lure, you can use this in most sea conditions walk the dog , slidding and popping .

Thats a great fish, Thanks for the info looks like i got the right colour Pearl ayu. Cant wait to give it a crack.!!

#9 ·
Vanstaalguy ,
Its a must have lure in your box , the Ghost ayu was my favorite colour caught plenty speicemen sized bass on this lure, you can use this in most sea conditions walk the dog , slidding and popping .
Bob, I bet that second bass pictured went like stink as it was hooked under the chin judging by the photo. Super fish though!

#15 ·
Together with the S8 popper, the Gunnish or Gunfish belongs to my favorite topwater lures made by Lucky Craft. (They have´m in a 75 mm version as well by the way).

One of my favorite ways to fish them is on a slow or even dead slow retrieve with lots of pauses, pops, splashes and slow swimming motions, weather permitting off course (calm conditions that is).

After casting and the drop: wait until the circles died away… then you make ‘m pop and splash a couple of times… and you wait again… again some pops and splashes… pause again … then with a couple gentle twitches make some really slow and gentle swimming or sliding movements for just a feet or a couple of feet… then you wait again… pop and splash it again…

And it always took me by surprise how hard and ferocious the bass will hit it!

#16 ·
The L.C Gunfish 115 is a great lure IMO.

Works well in moderate surf, sometimes when the Sammy can't work right, the Gunfish will do just fine.

Good lure when you want to make more surface noise.

Here's an unexpected catch with a chartreuse back/ white Gunfish 115:

It weighted 15 kilos, sorry for the bad photo quality, I was alone and had to use the mobile phone camera.

I used a L.C. ESG I rod (the 8.7 feet one) and a Twinpower 4000 FB with 10 pound Power Pro and 15 pound Seaguar leader.

It was a hell of a fight ^^

Attachments

#17 ·
The L.C Gunfish 115 is a great lure IMO.

Works well in moderate surf, sometimes when the Sammy can't work right, the Gunfish will do just fine.

Good lure when you want to make more surface noise.

Here's an unexpected catch with a chartreuse back/ white Gunfish 115:

It weighted 15 kilos, sorry for the bad photo quality, I was alone and had to use the mobile phone camera.

I used a L.C. ESG I rod (the 8.7 feet one) and a Twinpower 4000 FB with 10 pound Power Pro and 15 pound Seaguar leader.

It was a hell of a fight ^^
Wow that is stunning mate.
I'l bet that gave a good account of its self.

#20 ·
It's not a bass (it would be a nuclear bass lol! my biggest bass was 13.22 pounds = 6 kilos , I never surprassed that mark).

It's a meagre/croaker/ kob? / white bass (I really don't know how do you guys call them in the U.K).

The cientific name is argyrosomus regius :)

They can grow up to 120 kg, but they are quite a rare catch for the shore based fisherman, and the only time of the year they get near shore is when they enter the rivers estuarys for spawn and for gorging on cuttlefish, mullets and whatever passes near them eheh (which was the case with the fish of the photos, still I was targetting bass, I never expected to get one of those using a surface lure)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.