The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a go with Staysee 120? as they look pretty close to a Rapala Deep Down Husky jerk.

I have used Deep Down Husky in Clown colour with great success in deep water but they dont cast very well so I was wondering if anyone has used them before and do they have an edge over the husky???.

Thanks

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I used them quite a bit a few years ago Gary, and had some good fish on them too. They cast way better than a Deep Down HJ and because of the weight transferal system they dont helicopter as much. I would say the Husky Jerk is a better fish catcher than the Staysee 120, but if you want a really good deep lure then the staysee 90 has caught me shed loads of fish over the years, I rate it the best of the three for where I fish. For trolling, the Husky is by far the better lure.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply ****,

I have the both Staysee 120 and 90 on order,I am very interested about the 90 after what you said.

One other flaw I found with Husky was that wires that go through the body are not very strong, as I have had them pull out and lost nice fish with them apart from these to problems they are lethal Bass catchers,sometimes when they are in the following mood but not taking i.e. you see 3 or 4 of them chasing to the side of the boat but not nailing the lure all is needed is to pause the lure suddenly and it tends to encourage a take.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I've not given either size the use they should probably get, but I can vouch for the fact that they do cast well, and do catch fish - although I haven't used the DDH to compare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts