The Lure Forums banner

Luke Pollockwalker

957 views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Simon L 
#1 ·
Easter has been tough. Yes a few Bass have come up here and there at optimum times but those have have caught have done extremely well.

In a last ditch effort to catch some fish we met up at Bonne Nuit to again, beat the wind. There was a huge veil of dirt in a mudlike line across where we were fishing and I think those 'In the mudline' were disadvantaged somewhat.

I used my Zaltz with light braid which felt like a wand in comparison to what we had been using to chase the Wrasse earlier.

Kevin christened his Zaltz 7 with one of 3 Pollack seen here...

Very small lures again were the key.

One of 4 for me. I was trying the Japanese system of a backshotted fixed Carolina and SP with a jig head. It worked straight away.

Pink again ! Quite a few red/pink freeswimming worms were seen under the lights.

Cool as a cucumber. Luke Pollackwalker AKA Basswalker leans in to the best Pollack of the evening using Kevin's Zaltz 7 and 6lb braid. Look at the rod bending..!

Pose shot with the prize ! Well done young un. No excuses required, unlike Dad.

Jamo ends a dry run. Yes, we've all had one in this awful weather. Well done m8 you worked hard for that and. you nailed it when the Ika's turned up. Hope JP didn't cry too much as you battered him off the next peg LOL. He'll have his day too and I might regret saying that.

Believe me, there were a few relieved faces around last night when these started to turn up. Ika's spoilt the Pollack party though. Guess they were hungry too as we actually saw one nail a fish. Like lightening it was.

A good LRF/Eging session guys. Thanks for turning up and sticking it ut this weekend. Others wouldn't have.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good work guys. Decent fish compared to the tiddles I've been catching.

p.s. backshotted fixed calolina?

#3 ·
Great night again Keith (who needs fish when the humours so good?). Really pleased to have met Simon,Lynn and young Luke, I'm sure Luke is going to be one of the great fishermen of the future. That mudline was something else, quite eerie really.

#6 · (Edited)
Jighead AND Carolina weight Ben. In equilibrium.
What's the main advantage? Other than contact with the jighead not being quite so direct, and a slightly straighter sinking pattern?

Are the 2 weights roughly the same or in favor of the Carolina weight? That would make much, much more sense?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.