The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any results with luminous lures either at night or in low light situations?

Are they more to attract the angler with the bass thinking "WTF is that"?

I've got some luminous shads to melt down & mould, just would like some thoughts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the Storm madflash thunderstick in Olive Glow (glow in the dark). Never had much on it apart from a couple of pike in the daytime. Trouble is they dont stay luminous for long unless you "recharge" them with a torch or something.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I have some glow tiny xlayers that did the biz LRF'ing with Pollack. I also tried some glowing curly tails that caught bugger all. Apologies for providing no assistance at all!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for that Mark!

I've done alright for the pollack too on luminous stuff, it's the shiny ones I'm really after ;0)

I've made some anyway, just gotta give 'em a go.

BTW also melted down some hot pink glitter grubs to make 2 tone clear and pink sayoris, they look amazing (to me anyway)!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have had consistent success fishing the phosphorous Patchinko on the surface at night, it works and at times you can make out the position of the lure. I am not sure why they go for this lure, maybe it annoys the hell out of them, and they attack it out of aggression, nevertheless it works for me.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As long as either aggression or hunger equals hookups I'm happy!

Cheers Bob.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
One of my best lure caught bass from the shore (around 6lb) came on a luminous sub surface lure that I bought from the bargain bin in a tackle shop. I will try & find the lure & post some details about it up.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I don't think it helps at all.
In fact, I think it could have the opposite effect.

I've not seen many glowing fish night diving.
Fire in the water tracks yes, but usually from predators.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Never caught on a luminous plugs at night but I have caught Cod and Pollack with luminous Pirks and Muppets on deep water wrecks.......just out of curiosity are luminous Squid Jig,s effective at night for Cuttle,s and Squid?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts