1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
932 Posts
I use those Edgar and you know what? One opened up on me today for the first time ever whilst I was sliding and walking a 30g surface lure. Luckily I was able to carry on fishing whilst watching it and then 30 mins later wade out and get it. But I am now looking for a decent replacement.

·
1,866 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Another great clip is the genie ones:
http://www.gemini-tackle.co.uk/clips.php
I have never heard of them opening as long as you buy the originals and they can take the repetitive strain of constant lure changing, and not to mention they are so easy to change lures with!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
strange i was just looking at them over here have you used them ? what would they be like on large jumping fish ie 5 to 20 kilo fish that 's what im concerned about any thing to make life easy

·
Registered
129 Posts
strange i was just looking at them over here have you used them ? what would they be like on large jumping fish ie 5 to 20 kilo fish that 's what im concerned about any thing to make life easy
I take it you are referring to the gemini clips?

I personally do not use them (although I am going to buy some very soon, to try out) as they are a little to large for the tiny lures that I sometimes use. With regards to them coping with large fish; I have some mates and all they use are these clips (all freshwater fishing though- piking) and they have NEVER had one pull one or open on them and I think they have caught fish up to 20lb on them! But you must make sure you buy the genuine gemini ones otherwise the cheap replicas will and do break.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts