The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

A friend of mine is after a lure rod for around 80 quid, can any of you recommend anything?

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Yep, the 8' 6" Bushwhacker can still be picked-up for around £50, which is well inside budget.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks very much guys I have looked them all up and sent on the info.

Lee

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Andrew

I have sent the link on.

Lee

·
Registered
161 Posts
How lomg is the handle.

I bought a Quantum Energy 7' 4 piece 10-30gm rod. No problems with it; however, I find that the handle is too long for the rod - out of proportion in other words.
Could anyone tell me how long the handle is on a 7' Bushwhacker....then I can compare lengths.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If your friend is into soft plastics try the Cormoran ITO CRANK 10-30gram.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I bought a Quantum Energy 7' 4 piece 10-30gm rod. No problems with it; however, I find that the handle is too long for the rod - out of proportion in other words.
Could anyone tell me how long the handle is on a 7' Bushwhacker....then I can compare lengths.
I'll take a pic of it tonight if you still need to know

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Jep, old Bushi grip has got a length of 43cm of the butt. Have a pic here with an inch ruler:
Bushwhackergrip.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Guys

I spoke to my friend today he said he will probably go for one of the bushwackers. I like the look of the Cormoran ITO 240 10g-30g myself, might treat myself for Christmas.
I’m currently using a Abu Garcia Suveran 9' 15-60g I think it’s a bit heavy, any one else tried one?

Lee

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Well i have been using a savage gear roadrunner picked it up for 60 quid and i love it, it is a 5 piece also no storage issues. results have spoken for themselves of late and its only 7 ft, when i cast out andy's new supermis it felt too long for me each to there own i guess.
Though best advice that has been given is speak to either **** or ben and get the experts advice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts