The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its that time of year as the water in North Wales is getting cold and cloudy so I thought I would service my lures.

What trebles would you recomend using on the feed shallows and what size split ring?

I have been looking at Henry's blog and after the deep hooked 5lber this year I am now going barbless.

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Dave,
worth having a word with **** at MrFish, as he posted the other day that he has a stock of barbless owner hooks in-and he will be able to check and make sure that you get the perfect sized replacements.

·
Registered
364 Posts
i might have mentioned this before but it would be good to have a table of lures with a column for what trebles they need and what split ring sizes....? i know its a lot of work for someone to collate but would make an excellent sticky....

·
Registered
260 Posts
That sounds like a good idea - could be done on a Google spreadsheet (or WindowsLive equivalent). That would make it relatively easy to update and sort as needed.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Someone posted a very useful spreadsheet he put together a while back, which had a lot of that information on it. Cannot for the life of me find it though!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
You are correct sir! Well done.

I think that the spreadsheet Glen has done is very good, everyone should have a look at it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks I will speak to Mr Fish after looking at the spreadsheet

thanks Dave

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Got to say...

It's well worth a bit of scrubbing on your trebbles with some wire wool to take off any rusty bits and then a sharpen. You may not need to be in a hurry to replace anything. Just give them a clean, a sharpen and spray with some WD40 before you put them away for the winter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts