The Lure Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads, I need some advice on lure storage. Currently I use a small cool bag which would hold about 4 coke cans, It's nice and small and sits high on my back and ideal for holding a hand ful of lures, which as you can guess looks like a bucket of eels when I want to swap one.
Ideally I would like something that will hold 1 lure preferably see thru'.
The obvious answer is something like the rapala sling bag, but I have a bit of a mobility issue and even the smallest amount of extra weight can turn a session into a nightmare for me.
I've tried those hook bonnets and lost the last one thank God.
Any suggestiuons welcombe

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I have messed around with numerous different ways of lure storage but ended up with clear plastic lure boxes that are easily found on ebay but i put 2 lures in each compartment and so can store 12 lures to a box. If you use elastic bands to keep the trebles secure they dont seem to tangle up much. I have also used the clear plastic tubes you can get from the Bass Anglers Sportfish society, these store a lure each but are adjustable in length but i could never find the lure I wanted!

One of my other hobbies is shooting and many of the .22 rifle ammunition such as CCI come in long thin plastic containers that have prooved ideal so if you know anyone who shoots...!

·
Banned
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lure storage

Thanks for the tips men,I like the sound of both the sakura boxes and the tubes supplied by BASS.
I'll check them both out, Andrew I used to be a neighbour of yours,I lived in hailsham and polegate, I presume you fish under the Light house and at birling gap.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Spookily enough.... yes! Just had my first of the year under the lighthouse! I think you will have a few more bass in kerry than sussex though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts