Lures for coloured/dirty water | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Lures for coloured/dirty water

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Mullet (foul hooked)

Hi there all,i'm after some input for shallow diving lures for when the water clarity is less than ideal.Looking for lure makes/models that you have had some success on colours size etc.. Many thanks ed

2. Striper

Tackle house feed shallow in pearl.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Striper

komomo 2 90mm in silver blue sardine has been working well recently in very borderline clarity,it found a real lunker in pretty brown water a few weeks ago which sadly was too much for an un noticed weak spot in my braid..........this little chappy liked my replacement one a couple of days ago in poor water clarity

[​IMG]

4. Mullet (foul hooked)

Thanks dan and trevor,do you think its action or the colour of the lure that matters,or a combination of both.

5. Striper

I always think action is more important Ed, as thats how bass target lures in total darkness. I do think though that some colour gives them something to target in murky water.

6. Throbbing Member

Think Colour, Action, Noise & Speed

Chartreuse, Yellow, Black, White

A lure with movement

A lure with a rattle

And fish slower in dirty water to give the fish a chance to see & catch the lure

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mullet (foul hooked)

Thank you nigel,is there any brand type of lure you could recommend.

8. Striper

as most hp shallow divers have rattles, a lure which also rolls/vibrates alot will create more sound than a gentler actioned lure............plus the vibration will be picked up by their latteral line, a lure which does that at slow speed also gives them time to locate it.........the komomo in the pic does all that in abundance and also has an amazingly bright flash as it rolls for the fish to see once within range..even in pretty poor water you can see the flashes just under the surface from the start of the retrieve especially if its sunny....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mullet (foul hooked)

Thank you trevor i can see what you are getting at now.

10. Throbbing Member

Megabass Zonk Gateride is one that springs to mind.

But it depends on how shallow you want to go.

11. Mullet (foul hooked)

Thanks nigel,most of the marks i fish are roughly between 2-6 ft deep

12. Sea Trout

I would go for a pink gataride

13. Pollock

If you intend to use SP's, use something with a powerful paddle tail , like Nigel said slow down the retrieve to give the fish a chance to find the lure .

I caught this 9ib Bass using a Shad in chocolate coloured water :-

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Mullet (foul hooked)

Thank you gary are there any paddle tail shads you could recommend, i normally fish the menai straits and the north wales mainland.My current rod is rated to 30 grams.

15. Pollock

ed ,

I use the Delalande GT and Buster Shads , I can also recommend the Sakura Majikeel Shad tail, as that also has a powerful paddle on it .

I never rig the above mentioned SP's Weedless , I always rig them with a Jig Head to suite the tide strength and terrain I am fishing , this can be from 7gm - 20gm

16. Pike

I've been looking at this recently, dealing with choccy water which seems to dog the waters eastward of the chalk cliffs along the south coast. I'll start a new thread tomorrow after photographing them showing some modified black minnows pours where I have experimented with rattles and different tail designs and also similar with the jig heads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mullet (foul hooked)