Lures you wont leave home without. | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Lures you wont leave home without.

Discussion in 'Lures' started by {name}, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Mackerel

Im just wondering what lures do you refuse to leave home without ? Im trying to gather information on the most succesful lures. I have to say i wont leave home without Fiiish Black Minnows , Lunker City Sluggos , Senkos , Ima komono Sf-125s and a Patchinko 100. The rest that i carry arent as important. Whats your never leave home without lures ? James

• Like Like x 1
  2. Banned

Savage gear panic prey 135
    Sammy 100
    Sunslicker paddle up
    Savage gear sandeel
    Shoreline shiner

All the rest I carry I might as well leave at home,
    So why do I take them??????

3. Pollock

Original Storm Sand Eel
    Feed Shallow
    X140
    Node

I have other Shtuff in the box, but the ones listed are my fish catchers.

4. Wrasse

Maybe the most unashamedly commercial, boring, uninspired list ever to appear on the internet
    Fiiish minnows, gatarides and a patch 100 just incase its one of those days.
    Almost shameful how many lures I have and yet most haven't seen the water in at least 2 years

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mackerel

I think you have the disease like all us lure anglers of carrying to much lures

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pollock

SGSE. I find more and more often, I'm happy to head out with just five or six in my pocket.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mackerel

I havent tried the tackle house node yet so maybe i should try that , ive tried the x140s but always found the x120 to catch more for me. Its a pity i cant get those storm sandeels the mice chewed up the pack i had

8. Mackerel

I havent tried the zonks yet im not sure if my marks will allow for a deep diver. Is it the floatimg or sinking and hinged or normal bib ?

9. Mackerel

I like the sgse with the open point jig head but my marks are rough ground and i find the weedless jig head to snap very easily ?

10. Wrasse

Both the hinged bib versions float, the fixed bib is a sinker.
    Yoro yoro the shallowest at 3ish foot the hi pitch at around 4-5 and the fixed is a sinker anything from 5ft to 20ft plus.
    One thing is they are unashamedly fragile, its ridiculous sometimes. some you'll have for 2 years and they're fine, others you will literally break first chuck. it's known for me or my mates to do a few in a session. I must have 40 odd write offs in the loft.
    Personally if i was from a "clear water" area i probably wouldn't bother, but fishing mainly in sussex where its usually either stirried up milky tea colour or a long long chuck to clarity the zonk is invaluable.

11. Mackerel

Ah that makes sense i found one of the hinged bibs washed up in kerry with a smashed bib ive seen guys using the plastic from CD cases to repair the bibs on fixed bibs. It might be worth a punt in my local irish estuaries

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Pollock

I hardly ever use the actual SG heads. I use ball jig heads and tend to go as light as conditions allow. You can fish slower, lower and with less chance of snagging;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Striper

My Yammys .

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mackerel

Sounds like a good idea ! 23gram jig heads arent much use to me

15. Pike

Patch 100
    Frosty
    Yo Zuri Mag Popper 105
    Feed Shallow 128
    Zonk 120 Yoro Yoro
    Terrif DC9 Bullet

16. Mackerel

Interesting selection , what do you think of the duo dc9 ?

17. Pike

I love the dc9 especially okonowa red belly. It's perfect for shallow ground & it had a nice lazy wobble on a slow retrieve.

PS - it does cast like a bullet too

18. Mackerel

I was looking at the Dc-12s but it appears they are slow sinking ?which is not what im after

19. Pike

Get DC9s mate :D

20. Bass

I always select the lures for a particular mark, time of day, time of season to go into my Daiwa 12 lure container bum bag.100% of the time it will contain a bay ruf manic,a vulture,a patch 100 and a patch II,the other 8 will be interchangeable. I will also carry a box of various SP's sakuras,hybrids,wave worms,SG eels etc

• Like Like x 1