lures | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

lures

Discussion in 'Tackle & Tips' started by {name}, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Chub

reet ladds i know this might sound a daft qeustion ??????????:wink: but dose the colour on the bottom of a lure matter also dose the top colour
    of the lure matter? reason ai ask is that the bass dose knot see the top part of the lure so im baffled here ?whats your thought and opinions on this!!!!:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chub

Alot of lure colours catch the fisherman most of the time anyway...IMO if you like a colour or a lure you gain confidence, and fish/work it better so catch more. Catch me drift?

3. Sea Trout

It depends what the lure is such as a deep diving lure and if the bass sees it from above.

4. Pollock

The simple answer is that sometimes the lure colour makes a difference and sometimes it doesn't.

Last year I was fishing water that had bit of chalk in it and there was a sea mist. A black Mag Popper produced two hook-ups and a few misses. I switched to a blue one and the takes stopped, back on with the black one and the fish were hitting it again - no more landed though.

On another occasion at the same mark bass were taken on lures of different type and colour; Patchinko 100 in 500g, Chug Bug 08 in Chartreuse and a small popper with a silver belly.