The Lure Forums banner

Magnetic Bullet Weights

817 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Nick Robson 
#1 ·
hi ladds am after some Magnetic Bullet Weights?? do any uk shops sell these as ive searched all over
and have had no luck finding them any info would be aprieated;-)

#5 ·
Only ferrous metals are magnetic, most bullet / cone weights are lead or tungsten these are not magnetic unless its a poor grade tungsten that contains some iron.
Am really curious as to why you would want a magnetic weight, surly it would rust like mad.

Post above suggests the reason behind them, thanks Rob

#6 ·
Nick for lead to be used in the UK, weights need to weigh more than 28.35g or 1oz so unlikely for most SP lure fishing, large jig heads for boat fishing maybe.

As Rob Pimm said, magnetic cone weights do seem to exist for the reason I first thought, apparently they have magnets inserted into them, I still think a power gum stop knot is both easier and cheaper, and more versatile as you can move it along your leader to give the lure more freedom to move.

#7 ·
Nick for lead to be used in the UK, weights need to weigh more than 28.35g or 1oz so unlikely for most SP lure fishing, large jig heads for boat fishing maybe.

As Rob Pimm said, magnetic cone weights do seem to exist for the reason I first thought, apparently they have magnets inserted into them, I still think a power gum stop knot is both easier and cheaper, and more versatile as you can move it along your leader to give the lure more freedom to move.
What all that 1oz dribble about ??? I was mealy stating a fact with regards "normal " cone/ bullet heads. I've never seen seen the magnetic ones before but thanked MR pimm in my post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.