Magnetic Bullet Weights | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Magnetic Bullet Weights

Discussion in 'Tackle & Tips' started by {name}, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Chub

hi ladds am after some Magnetic Bullet Weights?? do any uk shops sell these as ive searched all over
    and have had no luck finding them any info would be aprieated;-)

2. Senior Member

Paul, why do you want Magnetic weights? do they exist? I have never seen them. If its to keep the weight close to the hook, a power gum stop knot does the job quite nicely.

3. TLF Admin Staff Member

Never heard of them....?

4. Chub

5. Pollock

Only ferrous metals are magnetic, most bullet / cone weights are lead or tungsten these are not magnetic unless its a poor grade tungsten that contains some iron.
    Am really curious as to why you would want a magnetic weight, surly it would rust like mad.

Post above suggests the reason behind them, thanks Rob

6. Senior Member

Nick for lead to be used in the UK, weights need to weigh more than 28.35g or 1oz so unlikely for most SP lure fishing, large jig heads for boat fishing maybe.

As Rob Pimm said, magnetic cone weights do seem to exist for the reason I first thought, apparently they have magnets inserted into them, I still think a power gum stop knot is both easier and cheaper, and more versatile as you can move it along your leader to give the lure more freedom to move.

7. Pollock

What all that 1oz dribble about ??? I was mealy stating a fact with regards "normal " cone/ bullet heads. I've never seen seen the magnetic ones before but thanked MR pimm in my post.