The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been having a look on Diawa UK website as it has been updated for 2011.
The new Certates have appeared-which is good news, but listed price is OVER £400!!!
Now in japan it is slightly cheaper than the old model, but here in the UK they seem to have taken the chance to shove the price up-Nice of them!!

http://www.daiwasports.co.uk/products/coarse/reels/793/1/10-certate

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Sure are Dave have seen them for around the €300 mark plus delivery in the land of big turbo"s.....I must say daiwa U.K. really are fond of them selfs.....

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure one of the members on here got one for about £225, They seem to prefer that we order our own from japan-Oh well up to them I guess.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Sounds like they are taking the p*ss a bit Dave. Still they won't sell many that way and deservedly so.........:-x

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Now £400 is a bit on the steep side, but as normal with Daiwa UK I suspect you will find it relatively heavily discounted.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I do think they're worth almost that actually. Like Vidar says, they're likely to be less in reality. Add to that a UK warranty and the obvious quality of the thing in your hands and compare it to other Daiwa models, it's way, way, way beyond any of them! By miles. I did exactly that a couple of weeks ago and won't deny the fact that we ordered a couple as a result. Want to make sure we can test how waterproof they are as well!

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
As with most Daiwa stuff over the years it will carry a rrp of say £400 but the dealers will be doing them for loads less.

·
Registered
323 Posts
daiwa have to meny models now they need to slow down at least 8 new models this year most guys cant afford a good deceant reel every year at 800 -1000 dollers a pop 500 -800 for your regular good reel"s iv'e sold 4 of my top end reels and down graded and upgraded the clutchs

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Under it in the Japan, not sure about how they list it here, as the Branzino wasn't on the daiwa website (that i remember)

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I think the pricing of some of these reels is getting silly now.
I love the higher end Daiwas but to be honest their isn't anything that interests me that is around the £200 mark.
Looks like its going to be a 2500 Rarenium............

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
The new Saltiga Mag sealed, in a 3000 size would be a real gem. But with the current new 4500 having a uk price of around £990.......

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nick,
The Tournament Airty is well worth a look, basically a Luvias, price online about the £190-for a RealFour Reel.
I am betting we will see the new Certate being sold around £275-£300.

Mike, I agree the new Saltiga is a cracking looking reel, a 3000 size would be very tempting-but not at £900

Reactions: Nick Phillips
1 - 20 of 57 Posts