The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

I have found that I am loosing quite a few jig heads a year and just wondering is it cost effective to start making up my own.

Does anyone use a mould to make their own jig heads?

I am looking at 8gr to 12gr heads for use with xlayer and other plastics.

If so can you advise on types and makes etc please?
Maybe supply a link.......

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
932 Posts
Crevan, I have definitely seen info on this before mate so someone will definitely reply. I am fairly certain Paul-St Ouen (could be wrong though) knows a bit about this, so when he's next online I'm sure he'll reply.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Yes it is.

Me and Kev, the Squid etc have all independently been manufacturing jig heads for various reasons but yes, it is VERY cost effective.
We will expand on this thread as we are in the process right now of adding moulds for certain jobs.

·
Banned
792 Posts
if you can get your lead from your local tire dealer for free its even more cost effective espescially when you get your hooks in the big packs additionaly.

Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
357 Posts
I do not know if you bait fish, but if you do you can fabricate jigheads on the spot. Very small jigheads (less than 3g) can be made by using Aberdeen hooks sizes 4,6 and 8 by crimping a split shot on the shank by the eye then threading the SP on. With larger sizes you can thread your SP on the hook of your choice -- slide a drillied float weight of the desired weight down your fluro leader then tie your hook and SP to said leader.

Reactions: Gary A
1 - 7 of 7 Posts