The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone used these plugs?.ive ordered a couple to try.40 gr so should cast a good distance,it says when at rest it slowly sinks,gona try a local deep water spot where ive caught pollock on spinners(and lost a few good ones).if i let the plug sink down then twitch it back to the surface im hoping this will get a take.any thoughts?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi there I mentioned this lure on another thread but didnt go into much detail!! I have a couple of bull chops and have caught some good bass on them. 120mm and 40grms. They absolutely fly!! unlike some wtd/stick types theese actually sink backwards tail first when left. I tend to cast them out and "feel"the lure drop by holding the rod tip high and using a controled lower of the rod tip till its more or less horizontal, then i will add a couple of twitches and pauses before short cranking to get the lure to wtd and repeating. Another nice retrieve style is to get the lure "on top" and keeping a slightly raised angle on the rod twitching and pausing with small slides to work the lure just below the surface with occasional surface breaks. Incidentally this lure works brilliant for pollack "on the drop" aswell. good lure that covers lots additional styles that an out and top water bait does`nt!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there I mentioned this lure on another thread but didnt go into much detail!! I have a couple of bull chops and have caught some good bass on them. 120mm and 40grms. They absolutely fly!! unlike some wtd/stick types theese actually sink backwards tail first when left. I tend to cast them out and "feel"the lure drop by holding the rod tip high and using a controled lower of the rod tip till its more or less horizontal, then i will add a couple of twitches and pauses before short cranking to get the lure to wtd and repeating. Another nice retrieve style is to get the lure "on top" and keeping a slightly raised angle on the rod twitching and pausing with small slides to work the lure just below the surface with occasional surface breaks. Incidentally this lure works brilliant for pollack "on the drop" aswell. good lure that covers lots additional styles that an out and top water bait does`nt!

i was thinking it would be good for pollock(letting it drop deep)then short twitches to get it back up to top.then repeat again.
thanks for the info
cheers--peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts