maria chase? | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

maria chase?

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, May 31, 2014.

1. Blanker

just wondering what everyones opinion on the maria chase? what colours best and how do you work them? i fish alot around pembrokeshire and had lots of luck on sps and metal lures but wanna try something new with hard plastics. any advice will be great

thanks in advance

2. Bass

They were the first lures I tried on the back of an article online, never had a sniff! I felt there wasn't enough action or cast ability with them. I re read the article and it was a kayaking forum.
    I'm sure many will have had success, however, not for me!

3. Blanker

cheers bud, i know my dad has one and hasnt had any luck didnt know wether it was his luck or the lure, but have seen articles where people love them, just wanted the general opinion of normal anglers like your self who arent trying to sell stuff, cheers for your reply

4. Sea Trout

They are really good lures and if you don't want it send it my way , sliver holo is the best color

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pike

yes good reasonabley priced lures.i started with them and only moved on because of shinny new well talked up lures.i still have 2 that are not for sale,i always feel that i will give them another wetting.

6. Sea Trout

possibly my favourite hp must be the bw version in holo silver

7. Sea Trout

I have had bass on the silver bloodhead Maria chase. Great shallow runner but the Maria Angel kiss is one of my favourite go to lures especially in the 125mm Mackerel.

8. Striper

Great shallow water lure - Holo Silver for me too

Shame that Maria discontinue so many of their best lures so frequently.

9. Salmon

I think the silver holo Maria Chase and the Maria Angel Kiss were my first ever Japanese lures! I still have them both, they must be really quite old now. The holo is not really holo anymore.

10. Striper

It was the first lure I used and caught on. BW in Holo. Got one normal size and one of the smaller model in my box. Tend to use them in "dangerous" areas that I wouldn't chuck a Komomo or Zonk into. Great lure for the money.

11. Sandeel

I saw Mike Ladle was using them about 7 years ago. I was just starting so got the Angel Kiss and Maria Chase and both caught me 6lb fish in the first year. Since then I have not had the results but I fished them hard at the time. Still good lures.

12. Bass

The Angel Kiss 145 is still my favourite HP, different from the Maria Chase.

13. Snapper

Hasn't the holo silver been discontinued now? I still have two which are looking a bit battered.

14. Chub

Caught plant on my 2 lures

Attached Files:

15. Pike 2015 Bass Challenge Winner

I have the holo silver - landed me a fine mackerel one day, caught nothing else on it!

16. Guest

And when the finish on them is worn of remove the rest of it with the back of a Stanley blade and spray it mat black, mine has saved a blank loads of times

• Like Like x 2