The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished martins haven on sunday with lures looking for pollack mackrel ect,had a mackrel on and then this happend
CLICK PIC TO SEE VIDEO

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Sammy the seal lock up the drag and haul him in.....

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
I've had a conger come & take a small fish I was reeling in from just under the surface, I was fishing off a pier at the time.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
them seals are getting a real pain these days, have been twice to a deepwater mark on Anglesey for mackies on feathers, and taken my plugging rod along as well with the intention of trying for wrasse with SP's and ambushing passing bass with lures, but the resident seal is now an expert at pulling the mackies off the feathers without getting hooked himself, thats fine with my 10 ' enticer which gets bent right over when he grabs the mackies but i wouldnt risk my plugging rod whilst he's around,i think that also he wouldn't be able to pull a fish off when its caught on 2-3 sets of trebbles and will end up taking your lure every time and possibly snapping your rod !!!! Does anyone continue plugging if they have a seal close- by waiting to nick your fish? i am sure they would happily take bass and pollock as well as mackerel that you have hooked

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it was hanging around after my son nathan tried to return a small pollack but the seal intersepted it before it could get back to the depths,it was throwing the pollack about just like the killer whale with seal pups .
i was on gower two years back watching a seal trying to down a bass around 5lb he was also at first throwing it about and it looked like showing us what he had,couple of mins later i hooked into the first bass i ever caught on the fly,iv never had trouble catching fish when mr seal is about,dont think it helps mind.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I caught three bass a few weeks ago, just after a good sized seal had cruised through. But as has been said, I don't think it helps the fishing.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Wheres the Great White when you need it. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts