The Lure Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For around £50-80!

I want too much for not a lot of money I know...

But I've been doing all manner of research in to a mainly SP rod that has a sensitive tip for bite detection when I'm bouncing SP's down the estuary.

I've decided not to shell out up to £200 on a new rod and then a 3000 reel on top until I've learned the craft properly and will be in a better position to know the exact type of rod I want.

I also have a few hard plastic lures at around 6 - 12g I want to utilise as my Shukan is a bit too powerful and fast in action.

I've already ruled out the Bushwacker as it doesn't fit the casting range and it's too much of a bully boy for what I want. The write up about the Savage Gear Pro Jig 'n' Spin but I hated the handle.

I'm more picky over rods than I am women. That can't be right?

Any advice chaps?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Keith! Actually I like the look and the write up. The cheapest I can find in the UK is over budget though and you have to pay extra for the weight system. None second hand on Ebay either. Definitely keep an eye out for one.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hi James, why not try a carb-o star 2-15gm. I've got 2. for my wife and youngest boy and they seem fine for the lighter sp's. At only £35 you'd have some change for some soft plastics as well.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that the Cormoran rod, Gary? I sure I had a quick gander at those last week and if memory serves correct there's a 240 5-20g version... Perhaps too long though as most of my estuary fishing is going to be on, ahem, private property and the river banks are quite dense with bushes and what not.

Choosing new rods is such a pain in the backside, even el cheapo ones which is what I am looking for... I haven't even bothered looking at baitcaster rods because it will make life more difficult.

Cheers mate.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Or a Cormoran Black Bull if you are set on <12g. Can't get much more sensitive than a solid tip. Plenty of backbone too "just in case".

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That Blackbull 230 looks very good Paul, have you used one?

Don't suppose you know anyone in the UK who does them? They are not on ***** site and the only other place I can find them is Askari for £55 but I'd rather give the money to a UK tackle shop.

Greame definitely interested in that 3-18g bushwacker but I assumed it would be too fast and stiff for my 5-20g SP's and odd hard plastic?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts