The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have seen a while back that I was talking to Nick Bennett re meeting up somewhere (South Devon/SE Cornwall I would have thought) on Saturday 6th Nov (re arranged from the 7th).

I think Nick is still off & away celebrating his recent wedding soemwhere. Anyhow for those that are interested/free you're more than welcome to come along so watch this space. I wouldn't mind going somewhere different to my usual haunts along Whitsand Bay. Not sure exactly where though - a lot of places in this neck of the woods very coloured/weedy & also quite rough. I think that these conditions may continue for the rest of the week.

Anyone know what the North coast (Devon/Cornwall) is like at the moment?

When Nick's back I'll post up re arrangements. If anyone's got any suggestions then post up on this thread/pm me.

Cheers

Toby

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Unfortunately I'm not going to make this one, moving this weekend. Bummer!

I had a good session yesterday, but you'd struggle to fish more than 3 of you there effectively.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I could be up for the 6th, toby. need to check with the mrs when she's working, let me know where/when you're thinking of.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries Mike. I don't think that we're going to be a million miles from where we were for the bumble. Where just depends on the weather. With the swells we've had this week & the swell/weather conditions predicted for the weekend, wherever we go, conditions could be challenging to say the least. I'll pm you & anyone else that has said they're interested on Fri night re arrangements

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Any more takers.

I am trying a few estuaries tomorrow in hope of clean, weedless water away from winds. Will let you know.

Where there is a will there is normally a way! But this is fishing!!!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
OK update on Met Office Forecast.

Saturday. Wind N - WNW - wind 11mph no gusts. Cloudy with sun , visibility good to excellent, 13 degrees.

This changes things gents. We may get a reasonable days fishing in . I will try a few rock marks in South Devon tomorrow ( not far from Plymouth) as well as the estuaries.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Unfortunately I'm not going to make this one, moving this weekend. Bummer!

I had a good session yesterday, but you'd struggle to fish more than 3 of you there effectively.
Hi Matt,

good to hear your still on the fish mate. I am trying to sort a mark for Saturday. only a few of us going. Could you PM me?

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Adrian, Mike, Steve - pm sent. Hopefully see you all tmw. Let us know if you're not coming. Mike, pm me your number if you're coming. That way we can get hold of you.

Cheers all

Toby

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
good luck boys sorry i can't make this one .

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Adrian, Mike, Steve - pm sent. Hopefully see you all tmw. Let us know if you're not coming. Mike, pm me your number if you're coming. That way we can get hold of you.

Cheers all

Toby
I intend to be there. I'm supposed to be flying to the caribbean on Tuesday but the hurricane has caused some disruption and the wife wants me to sort out new holiday arrangements tomorrow. I'd rather be fishing! If I get it sorted tonite I'll be OK for tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mike, steve - are you coming?

Adrian - hope that you sort your hols & that we'll see you tmw.

Nite all.

Toby

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
just the 3 of us (Toby, Nick and me) made it to the bumble (does 3 make a bumble?). Nick took us to a mark to the east of Plymouth (thanks Nick, but I think i'll bring a 4x4 next time :-D). Conditions were pretty good, water nice and clear, a little swell, light winds and hazy sunshine.

1st blood went to me with a schoolie of about a lb. A little later i took this one @ 3lb2oz. Long and slender fish with a big head.

I think toby had the next one just after Nick had to go

and I then had another schoolie of around 1.5lb.

Toby then had this one

All in all, a good day out and worth the drive down to darkest Devon.

Here's Toby doin his stuff

1 - 20 of 26 Posts