The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just thought ide share a fishing day with you,hope you get the pics not to clever on the old pc.
we launched the boat 6.30am ready for a day on bass,weather pretty miserbale,three of us went mate of mine and my son Harry,took us 20 mins to get to mark and decided to troll ,after 15 minutes my rod thumped and landed a bass 2 in half,good start,my mate nailed one within 5 mins 3 in a half,comp now on,lol.we kept trolling and bang mine again 2 pound,2.1 the banter now flying,good little scrap.wasn,t long before shaun my mate was bent over in to another,landed 3pounder,my 14 yr old son now not amused,weather now decreasing and swell begining to build,thats all we wanted.bang shaun again another good fight ime now 3.2down,i suggested its time for the plugs an proceeded to clip on a zonk,the weather got better and wet weather gear began to come off,it wasn,t long before i was hooked into another good bass just over 3in a half landed.my son now is gutted,so i gave him my tackle house .within three casts his rod was doubled over .he played it for 30 secs before being snapped off,i was gutted for him,and the loss of my fav lure.lol.it looked like a good fish.anyway the zonk strikes again ,another 3 pounder landed,mega fight on quantum 8fter bought from Ben,he knows his stuff.thats not the end of it i decided to have a go at the codling about 20 steam.dropped down a orange storm shad ,bang first drop 4pounder,great little fight,we then drifted and reeled in another 6 ,and yes young Harry caught one,about time,.as we were fishing i kept having bites then nothing.weird.anyway looked under the boat and it was full of big squid.Harry landed the first 4pound in weight .brilliant fight.i clipped on a squid lure which was bought for me at christmas and landed another 7.the best laugh ive ever had on a boat,there was ink everywhere.so all in all a fantastic day,not to mention 3 pound pollack and mackeral,ile try to send pics:-D:-D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
cracking looking squid there Quentin.......

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Quentin,

congratulations to you and your crew. Sounds like a great days fishing there. It's further proof that the fish are still around. It will be interesting to see when we stop catching in Devon and Cornwall. I am going to fish right through the winter for bass. I am certain we will continue to catch if we put the hours in.

Well done boys.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Quentin!!! Crazy day out! Fish and squid! :D

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Quentin, enjoyed reading that :p

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we went sunday the 7th Mike,weather turned out lovely,looking good again for this sunday,northerly 4mph,me fingers are twitching already.lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts