The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps,

Been out a fair bit lately with mixed results but more importantly learnt a great deal about fishing in certain conditions.
I fished a heavy beach into rollers so have needed a stable lure. Ben at the Art of fishing came up with the goods in the shape of the Rudra 130 s. This one has a red belly silver sides, black back and yellow head.
This lure is ace.... Casts well, So stable in big surf and gets Bass's attention in mega fizzy water.

I usually fish this mark from 3hrs down when the rollers are breaking white water at about 3-4ft and I can see the sand in big swirly masses.
This time a strong North westerly was testing the Rudra properly as i worked it through the tables between the rollers.

Took a Big hit at about 20ft out just on the pause. A Very strong fish took line on the tight clutch. It was a difficult fight in the big waves and ended up beaching her in the rocks which is never a good thing where braid and barancles mix. Luckily she was high up and had no way to get back in.

It went 7lb 3oz and very long.
The bigger fish are definately on now. I saw a couple of humdingers follow but no takes not good for the old heart!

Sorry no pics this time as the mrs Cracked the Lcd screen on my Camera!

Get in the Mega Fizz, get on a Shouty, stable lure and hold on!:-o

Cheers,

Garry

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Nice report Garry, interesting findings about that lures stability. I am also looking for something with some stability and 'bite' in the kind of hollow, airy white water like how you describe.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice report there matey. I also grabbed a couple 'stable' lures from Ben. The one I can really see working in the surf is the Jackson Athlete slow sinker, nice candy colours and looks like it'll do the do. Are you fishing from rocks into the surf or wadeing??

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
great report Garry and a very good fish. A shame about the pics she will have to go lol. Well done keep them coming.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Brilliant mate!!!!!! The lure is totally made for that stuff! Lovely, lovely fish!! Well done!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great report Garry and brilliant result in difficult conditions...well done...:-D:-D

Sounds like another person will be looking for a waterproof and shock proof camera.....;-);-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts