Megabass cutter 128 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Megabass cutter 128

Discussion in 'Lures' started by {name}, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Perch

Anybody know much about these? Looks interesting for shallow water night fishing. Hoping they cast better than a feedshallow 128.

.[​IMG]

2. Banned

I've not got any and I'm sure you will get an answer from someone that uses them.
    From what I know they cast well but run a bit deeper than a feedshallow

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sea Trout Staff Member

I've caught two 60+ bass on a cutter 128, I like them, they cast better than a feedshallow most of the time but you'd still need to find the right drop to stop it spinning out. I fish them slow on the top at night, I bought it as it looked like it'd wake well, it does, the front is like the friggin bow of a cruise liner. They're noisy too, loud rattle so I don't tend to use them if it's too calm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Perch

That sounds ideal for what I'm after Martin thanks. Nice to know they get the thumbs up from a good angler. Sold! As if I needed much excuse ;)

p.s. what colour did you opt for?

5. Sea Trout Staff Member

Sorry mate, I think you're confusing me with someone else! :)
    I went with the Katacutchi (think it's spelt that way)...black back, silver sides, red belly, only because I've had a lot of success with a red belly komomo. I'd go for the white rainbow one though, I've always got more confidence in a white lure at night.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sea Trout Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Guest

Review from a bad angler: they cast [email protected] most of the times and need a certain speed to get some sort of action it. Most of the times you just wake it: no vibrations at all. I'm a bigger fan of the bay ruf manic. Casts miles and makes na nice subtle wiggle. On the downside this lure sinks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sea Trout Staff Member

A slow wake and gentle wiggle is all I need from a lure Jeroen so it works well for me. I've used the bay ruf manic recently too, I really like it but only over deeper marks as I can't stop reeling or it's a goner. At least with the cutter I can pause it. Very different lures I think. I don't know about you but I've found the takes on the bay ruf have been ferocious. Oh, and pollock love them too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Perch

I'm sure you do yourself a dis-service Jeroen :). Cool, I'll have a look at the Bay Ruf too. Which size do you favour most?

10. Salmon

Dear dear, just as you'd finished the latest clearout!

11. Perch

That was to make room for even more stuff. Clever eh..

12. Wrasse

And support for this post from another bad angler. I got a couple a few years back thinking that they would be deadly at night or in calm conditions. All I found is that they come in on the retrieve like a wet sack. Practically no wake and definitely no action. Got to admit they look the part...out of water. Got to be the worst Megabass lure I have ever purchased, and I have got a few!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sea Trout Staff Member

Did you use the 128 Pete or the smaller 115?

14. Guest

Jeremy, i use the 115 a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wrasse

The 128. I can't think I have ever been more disappointed in a lure, especially considering it's from Megabass. I love their tackle, even though it's not cheap. They look stunning in the box but that's where it ends.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sea Trout Staff Member

Strange, it's still in my A box and catches regularly. Oh well, I must have the one decent one they accidentally made

17. Guest

Really strange this one. As Peter says Megabass is usually top notch. Stunning colors as well.

Is there something i missed? I used egg clips and jb clips. Maybe a different clip works the lure better? Martin what do you use?

18. Sea Trout Staff Member

I use the Delalande Agrafe Rapide clips. I'm not looking for a amazing action from it, I just need it to wake like a cruise liner which it does well. I always have to experiment with the drop before casting to find the sweet spot, much like a feedshallow.

As a foot note. It's not my number 1 go to hard lure at night, the daddy for waking at night is the Daiwa Crosswake 111SSR. I love that lure!!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Pollock

have you checked out the monster wake 156 Martin? It looks a beast, but waking it home on a balmy summer night......Could pick out the bigguns?

20. Sea Trout Staff Member

That would be like casting the QE11 ;)