The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another surface lure for me to try this season, Have any of you used this lure, and if so your feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Another surface lure for me to try this season, Have any of you used this lure, and if so your feedback would be appreciated.
Yes, I have but for freshwater only and it is a while ago since mine had an outing, but that’s rather because I probably have too many lures to choose from.

It is a great lure with a stunning finish that is relatively easy to work (get to walk-the-dog) and I’m sure it will catch bass.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The giant dog-x is one of mine favourite top water lures. For me this lure stands above the sammy from lucky craft. This is for a few reason:
- very easy to use, also in harder conditions like current, waves and wind. Of course there are limits.
- it cast very very well
- It lays very deep in the water, in fact, when u use a bigger swivel or connector it will sink very slowly when you lay it still in the water. But because it lays deeper in the water, the action is better with more rolling on the sides and more water displacement. The bass will "see" more lure in the water and the reflecting flanks, so it makes it easier to hit.

I would say you got to give this lure a try!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Good to hear - one of the French guys I was fishing/photographing with in Ireland last October was raving about the Giant Dog-X, worked real slow and "enticing" - he had bass and pollack on it in front of me, raved about the white one.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Good to hear - one of the French guys I was fishing/photographing with in Ireland last October was raving about the Giant Dog-X, worked real slow and "enticing" - he had bass and pollack on it in front of me, raved about the white one.
The Franch do like there white color, there,s also a "special" French color: the French Pearl

http://images.google.nl/imgres?imgu...l&start=72&um=1&hl=nl&sa=N&ndsp=18&tbs=isch:1

Last year the smaller Dog-X was very good here on calm days.
Here,a a pic of the owesome Albino Raigyo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts