The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried the hazedong magnum out today. Got to say I am a great fan of Megabass gear in general, but the hazedong disappointed me.

Rigged with a 5/0 Texsposer hook, all 3 lures in the packet pulled apart near the neck of the hook with ease. Never had any such problems with Xlayers, admittedly using finer 3/0 hooks.

Just an obsevation if your thinking of getting some, but they don`t seem up to taking a large hook which a largish sp like this requires.

Or perhaps I just had a duff packet? Anybody any similar experiences?

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Mine have all be fine Dave, they stretch to about 3ft or so if you pull them and return to their original shape every time. I have found you cant pre rig them though, as some hooks or heads seem to get ejected from thr SP.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That`s interesting ****, I pre rigged mine a few nights ago and I must admit the hook holes looked a bit dodgy today. Wonder why that is ?- pre rig Xlayers all the time with no bother.

By the way can`t get 3 feet! Got to about 18 inches before failure! Seriously though, worth knowing about not being able to pre rig `em.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Had a go last year with them on the recomendation of a friend great fish catcher, i was useing them on a weedless 3g weighted hook lovely feeling to fish with but i found they didnt take long before they were sliding down the hook which is quiet annoying every time you cast and retrieve you would have to adjust,saying that i have a few more to try this year with a different hook design to combat the unwanted movement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts