Megabass Ito Vision Oneten SW Limited | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Megabass Ito Vision Oneten SW Limited

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Pollock

I am lucky to have two of these lures, however when it comes to getting replacement hooks I am going to have to ask for some help from all you lure experts out there.

I have managed to find out the following: VISION ONE-TEN SW Length: 110.5 mm, Weight: 1/2 oz. ... Equipped with three salt -water resistant Permasteel hooks (front & rear: regular, middle: KATSUAGE), colour: Gun metal.

Now my question is what make & size of hook/s do I need for the regular (x 2) & katsuage (x 1) hooks. Thanks in advance to all replies.

vision oneten sw ltd.jpg

Regards

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  2. Salmon

Sean,
    They are listed as size 6, but struggling to find make/model of the hooks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pollock

Hi Dave

I found that the regular hooks were a size 6 & the katsauge was a size 4 stated on an American website. The thing that made me unsure was they listed 4 types of the Vision Oneten. None of them however were the Salt Water Limited version.

Sorry I missed your quick visit last weekend.

Regards

4. Salmon

Sean,
    Shame I missed catching up with you at the weekend, will be down again pretty soon.
    Megabass are a pain, as they don't often list the details of the hooks they use. Maybe Vidar or Andy might be able to find some details, as they both have a greater knowledge of all things Megabass.

5. CoFounder & Retired Admin

They are Megabass in house hooks arent they?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pollock

I hope not. That would make them a right pain to replace. Thanks for the reply though.

Regards

7. Striper

I've always understood the katsuage hooks are in house but not made by megabass. Just MB design. I think the others are Gamaktsu hooks. Point to note, the SW version always has one centre Katsuage hook, all the FW lures have other combinations and sometimes all 3 katsuage. Some Japanese ebay stores sometimes sell these hooks. They are as rare as hens teeth though. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pollock

Hi Andy

Thanks for that. I will try & pair up the 'regular' hooks with some I already have. I also have an American outlet for some katsuage hooks. I will let you know if this works.

Regards

9. Wrasse

The central katsuage on the Vision 110 I have is very similar to a size 6 VMC Barbarian hook, albeit these have the barb facing inwards.

10. Pollock

maybe this is a stupid question lads if it is sorry but could you not just use any size 4 or 6 trebles on that lure

11. Perch

All Visions are riged with Katsuage out barb. trebles size 6#
    The freshwater models have 2 Katsuage out-barb hooks an 1 Katsuage barb-less in the midle, this are black chroom hooks (gun metal)

The SW models are riged with 1 Katsuage out-barb hooks in the midle, 2 regular on the front an rear side, but those are permasteel.

The Katsuage black hooks are simuar to the Duel trebles http://www.leesglobaltackle.com/Duel_Outbarb_Treble_Hook_p/jap3070.htm
    Also for the VMC Barbarian trebles http://www.kaluapesca.com.br/english/newstech/news008_wmcnewshook.htm
    The VMC Barbarian comes in black an silver.

The regular hooks on the SW Vision are simular to the Gamakatsu round bend trebles or the VMC round bend trebles.
    The are also comes in black / silver / permasteel

Cheers Harold

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Pollock

I don't bother with the Katsuage version when I replace hooks on my Megabass lures and just use normal Gamakatsu or Owner hooks in a suitable size.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Plastic Fantastic

Must say that I also wouldn't bother replacing with the same hooks as Megabass use,I keep thinking "Gimmiky"
    Any normal saltwater hook would be just the same,and those hooks with the inward barb look the same as any other when you 'pinch' them down.......

14. Guest

I have some reversed barb size 4s on their way. Mainly for FW with any luck.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  15. Pike

If your after Katsuage hooks try a quick search for VMC Barbarian trebles on the auction site, loads available. Ive been working my way though a few hundred for the last couple of years. Deadly sharp, strong and great at taking the finish of your lures :D :D

Not being a fan of 3 sets of trebles I tend to drop the middle treble on my 110`s and use a size 4 front and back and it swims and catches just fine, the 2 size 4`s come in at the same weight as 3 x 6`s on the scales.

Marty

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blenny

My fab lure of alll time and I've exhausted a few! My second best being megabass sw 140